Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Bathrooms - Cloth Towels or Paper Towels in Your Bathroom
mac60 03:35 AM 09-17-2009
Do you use cloth towels or paper towels in your bathroom for the dc kids to use.

I always change the towel each day. But I am going to paper towels in the bathroom hoping to ward off sickness.
seashell 04:57 AM 09-17-2009
Right now, all my kids are in diapers. However in the past I have used paper towels.
Unregistered 05:09 AM 09-17-2009
I really don't like using paper towels, but I really don't like doing laundry even more. The Wal-mart White Cloud brand is pretty cheap and they have the select a size half sheet going on which is great. The really cheap wal-mart brand doesn't have the select a size so they eat through them really fast. It takes a bit of training and monitoring, but they can learn pretty quickly what one paper towel is. I even taped one paper towel(half sheet) over the holder so they can see what they are supposed to get. They last a lot longer when you do that. Even if you have to buy a more expensive brand, they stretch if you get a select a size.
melissa ann 05:13 AM 09-17-2009
I haave always used a handtowel and changed it at lunch. so I went through 2/day. I'm thinking of eliminating that and switching to hand s*****er. The kids have a hard time with the sink faucet. Like, forgeting to turn off the water. For days when we are outside and get really dirty, I will use soap and water.
I would think it's better to use paper towels vs hand towels. But I hate throwing all those paper towels in the trash everyday. I'm one who recycles anything and everything I can.
AmandasFCC 06:18 AM 09-17-2009
I use paper towels, because that's the licensing rule. I have a baby myself so I'm constantly go-go-go after the daycare day is over. I don't have time to do laundry until the weekend and I don't want it piling up so even if it wasn't the rule, I think I'd still use paper towel. All my dck are young enough that I'm in there supervising them washing hands and using the toilet so I have a strict hold on how much is used at a time. I end up using about a roll a week.
Unregistered 06:43 AM 09-17-2009
The rule here is either paper towels or each child gets their own cloth towel on their own hook. I don't want all those little towels hanging all over my guest bath wall (this is also a house where I have a life after work with friends and family afterall) so I do paper towels.
ConcernedMotherof2 07:48 AM 09-17-2009
I use paper towels at home for just about everything (my favorite anti-bacterial cleaner is windex multi-surface, just spray and wipe with a paper towel--easy daily cleaning) and go through about a roll per week (the cheap, dollar store brand select-a-size). I just wanted to add for Melissa Ann, who recycles everything, lol, that I burn all paper products. I realize this is not recycling for reuse, but it cuts down on what's sitting in the land-fill. My kids have been taught to put anything paper in a special bin for the weekly burning. I realize that's not something you can do everywhere (I live in the stix), but it's just a thought.
GretasLittleFriends 08:56 AM 09-17-2009
I use paper towels because our licensing rule states that each child has to use a clean cloth each time. That means I can't even have a hand towel for Bobby, one for Jimmy, one for Susie each day. Nope, I would have to have a clean hand towel for Bobby each time he washes his hands...

It really only makes sense for us to use paper towels. I don't like throwing so much away, but that's just how it is I guess.
Former Teacher 04:19 PM 09-17-2009
Originally Posted by GretasLittleFriends:
I use paper towels because our licensing rule states that each child has to use a clean cloth each time. That means I can't even have a hand towel for Bobby, one for Jimmy, one for Susie each day. Nope, I would have to have a clean hand towel for Bobby each time he washes his hands...

It really only makes sense for us to use paper towels. I don't like throwing so much away, but that's just how it is I guess.
Yep same here too.
tinytotzdaycare 09:17 AM 09-27-2009
we use paper towels for 2 reasons

its the dhs rule and it helps prevent a lot of germs

we order ours from a janitorial company along with toilet paper, paper towels, paper products, and bathroom cups for teeth brushing
**this saves a ton of money, they deliver monthly and offer me free delivery!!
mac60 01:08 PM 09-27-2009
I am now using paper towels.
melissa ann 02:09 PM 09-27-2009
I also switched to paper towels. I just cut them in half, because that's all they need for their little hands.
Unregistered 04:11 PM 09-27-2009
Paper Towels, the store brand select-a-size ones
Tags:bathroom issues, toilet paper, toilet paper dispenser
Reply Up