Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Did You Just Really Say That To Me ??? lol
Magic 09:01 AM 02-06-2017
had a parent phone this morning
she sick ..grandparent dropping off
has hubby who right now works away week in week out he away now

she says to me “ I dont know how single moms do it when sick “
ummmmm Did you really just say that to ME ?
I been single mom for the whole time ..to an awesome now older girl
have dated but did all on own
I also have mini farm and house full of critters
and a day care

this year we been slammed by sickness after sickness
before holidays ..the “ common cold “ nope nothing common about that
needless to say I got it
spent holidays washing everything

after holidays they all come back with tummy bug
over a 2 week time
needless to say we got it
sicker than a dog my girl and I bleached the whole house every toy bin furniture and so on
while my girl laying on bathroom floor and me running to the bathroom all weekend
my girl was sick for 2 weeks
I did not close at any time

so sicker than I dog looking after all these children so parents can work and then the farm and then my girl
yes I will be bugging the mom about this when she is felling better
oh and never mind the snow all winter and bitter cold that we never get here ( wet coast ) then after snow all gone for 2 weeks this weekend in 3 days an other dump of 15 inches
THIS care giver and single mom did not get one break in 2 months
laundrymom 09:17 AM 02-06-2017
Did you respond with
"Thanks for noticing how hard it is. It's a lot of work but what choice do single moms like me have?
We do the best we can with what we have. And at the end of the day we know we've given it our all.
Thanks again for acknowledging the struggle. "
MarinaVanessa 11:27 AM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Did you respond with
"Thanks for noticing how hard it is. It's a lot of work but what choice do single moms like me have?
We do the best we can with what we have. And at the end of the day we know we've given it our all.
OMG yes this
Ariana 11:37 AM 02-06-2017
I know so many single moms who do well on less than some of the single moms I have had at my daycare and they never complain like my daycare parents do!

I also hate it when my moms on mat leave complain how hard it is to deal with a newborn and toddler (hence why they bring the toddler to me ). Meanwhile I had a newborn and was also running a daycare with 4 kids! Lol
CityGarden 11:51 AM 02-06-2017
Did you respond with
exactly!
Pestle 12:06 PM 02-06-2017
I got one in once:

"Are you a full-time mom?"
*Momentary silence while I decide I'm more offended than confused*
"Yes, and I work full-time, too."
I get that she was trying to make it sound like she wasn't putting down SaHMs, but you don't quit being a mom when you clock in at the office, any more than men quit being a dad.
debbiedoeszip 01:28 PM 02-06-2017
I have had parents say lots of dumb stuff to me and I just make non-committal noises and change the subject. I don't take anything personally.
sahm1225 06:32 PM 02-06-2017
Did you respond with
Love this!!

I had a grandma once tell me that it's SO hard for DCm and Dcd to get dinner, bath, and homework because they don't get home until 5pm. She had the nerve to say 'you wouldn't understand!'. I just laughed. I get off at 5:30pm and I have 3 kids (they have 2) and my youngest is special needs. It's hard but you can do it if you work on it!
Tags:daycare experiences
Reply Up