Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Childcare Infant Room Ratio
DeniseW 02:49 PM 02-11-2019
Hi! I am new to this forum. I would like to start a discussion on how/why is the ratio of an infant room 1 adult to 4"!" infants in the state of WA. Oregon is 1 adult to 2 infants. Does anyone have an explanation of why WA has this ridiculous ratio? Who has happily, and successfully taken care of 4 infants by themselves? I find that I am basically caring for them ie. diapering/feeding/moving them around all day, and do not get the opportunity to interact with them for the educational goals that I have set individually for them. Anyone else have opinions on this? I'd also like to know who set this ratio, and have they been in an infant room by them self with 4 babies?
Lovisa 03:05 PM 02-11-2019
Ca is the same as long as the 4 infants are the ONLY children in care.
jenboo 03:32 PM 02-11-2019
Idaho has a 1:5 infant ratio. I had no problems having 5 infants myself. It was busy but I still had time to interact with everyone.
springv 04:01 PM 02-11-2019
Alabama has a 1 to 5 infant ratio, we have our ratio lower than the state required
Ariana 05:09 PM 02-11-2019
What educational goals do you have for an infant?
Lux 09:04 PM 02-11-2019
I did it a long time ago in a center, it was fine, and fun, for me personally. (Wash. state.)
Tags:escalation, organization, personality traits, planning, professionalism, skill set, talent, training
Reply Up