Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Quick or Crockpot Meals
Scout 02:09 PM 12-20-2012
Ok. Clearly I do not want to cook dinner anymore. I think this is due to the fact that i cook breakfast & lunch now. Breakfast is sometimes frozen pancakes or waffles I made in bulk too! We are eating out way too much so I am looking for some quick & easy ideas or crockpot suggestions. Thanks!!
Former Teacher 04:42 PM 12-20-2012
I LOVE my crockpot. In fact tonight I made Chicken Enchilada Casserole. It was delish!

I look forward to seeing more crockpot recipes!
Attached: Photo1109.jpg (92.6 KB) 
WoodOx 05:50 PM 12-26-2012
i don't know of any, but it shouldn't be too hard to find a website. i Need to buy a crockpot for sure
Blackcat31 07:54 AM 12-27-2012
We use our crockpot for:

Wild Rice soup
Stews
Chili
BBQ pork
Sausage and potatoes
French Onion soup
Broccoli Cheese soup
Chicken and rice hotdish

I am SUPER lucky though as my DH loves to cook so I only cook for daycare and he does all the cooking at home. I get home about 5:30-6:00 each night and he has dinner ready and waiting for me.
Scout 08:19 AM 12-27-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
We use our crockpot for:

Wild Rice soup
Stews
Chili
BBQ pork
Sausage and potatoes
French Onion soup
Broccoli Cheese soup
Chicken and rice hotdish

I am SUPER lucky though as my DH loves to cook so I only cook for daycare and he does all the cooking at home. I get home about 5:30-6:00 each night and he has dinner ready and waiting for me.
you are lucky! My DH also loves to cook but, since dck are here...
Former Teacher 08:40 AM 12-30-2012
Not to hijack or anything but I have a crockpot question:

Can I make my meal the night before and then in the morning take it straight from the refrigerator to the slow cooker?

I have read some things online and they are all so conflicting

Thanks!
MsLaura529 02:37 PM 02-04-2013
I have become a big fan of McCormick's slow cooker seasoning packets ... they come with their own recipe on the back. We tried the Chicken Noodle Soup one yesterday and it was fantastic and so easy. We also love to do pulled pork (sandwiches the first night, quesadilla style for leftovers). And a basic pot roast is good, too. For the chicken soup and pot roast you can add as many/any veggies as you want as well.
Willow 02:51 PM 02-04-2013
Check PINTEREST!!!!

There are seriously loads upon loads there.

Last week I put boneless pork ribs in some water, threw in some seasoning and let them cook up, drained them, shredded them added bbq sauce and bada-bing - pulled pork sandwiches.

Another one I tried last week, washed and just cut in half enough potatoes to cover the bottom of the crock pot. Added just enough chicken stock to cover to the top of the potatoes and then put one of those packages of bone in chicken fryer pieces on top. Lightly seasoned and let it alone for the afternoon. By evening the chicken was falling off the bone and the potatoes were phenomenal.

We frequently make Swedish meatballs, roasts, soups, and chili in ours but I was looking for some new ideas and the above were the first ones out of my comfort zone. I really want to try to the crock pot lasagna I found on Pinterest next
AmyLeigh 02:35 PM 02-05-2013
I have my crock pot going now. I seriously use it at leat once a week. Normally I will start it right after lunch and have it cooking all afternoon.

Today, we are having CP beef and broccoli. At lunch time, I browned some steak strips, sliced onions and mushrooms, then put them in the CP. Poured soy sauce, garlic powder and powdered ginger over them all. It's cooking at low, since the meat is technically cooked. Then, an hour before serving, I will turn it up on high and toss in some broccoli flowerettes. We will eat it with steamed rice.

Another fave is mexican chicken. Boneless chicken breasts and/or thighs, salsa, black beans and corn all poured in the CP. Cook on high or 4 hours or low for 6-8. Yummy with mexican rice or put into flour tortillas for burritos.
WDW 02:57 PM 02-07-2013
Originally Posted by Willow:
Check PINTEREST!!!!

There are seriously loads upon loads there.

Last week I put boneless pork ribs in some water, threw in some seasoning and let them cook up, drained them, shredded them added bbq sauce and bada-bing - pulled pork sandwiches.

Another one I tried last week, washed and just cut in half enough potatoes to cover the bottom of the crock pot. Added just enough chicken stock to cover to the top of the potatoes and then put one of those packages of bone in chicken fryer pieces on top. Lightly seasoned and let it alone for the afternoon. By evening the chicken was falling off the bone and the potatoes were phenomenal.

We frequently make Swedish meatballs, roasts, soups, and chili in ours but I was looking for some new ideas and the above were the first ones out of my comfort zone. I really want to try to the crock pot lasagna I found on Pinterest next
Crockpot lasagna is good.. if you are using the same Pinterest recipe I did, you will want to add about a cup of water in addition to your sauce... otherwise it will be dry. And watch the cook time, as it was way too long.
Lyss 03:27 PM 02-12-2013
If you have a kindle this slow cooker book is free right now

http://amzn.com/B00986ZE0S

Not sure how long it will be free though
MamaBearCanada 09:39 AM 02-17-2013
I'm making chicken soup today with Bok choy. Whole Chicken, parsnips, carrots, celery, garlic, thyme, s&p, ht sauce, worchestire sauce, water to cover on low. I'll add noodles later.

We'll have some for supper, some is going to a sick friend and some will be frozen. I freeze some in individual servings for my husband to take to work and some in family size for other suppers.
tenderhearts 09:16 AM 02-18-2013
This is one of my families favorites:

Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken

24-Ounce jar favorite salsa
Juice from one lime
1/4 cutp fresh cilantro, chopped (I don't do this because I buy salsa with cilantro)
1 .25oz package taco seasoning
2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped (optional)
6 boneless chicken breast halves

Directions:
In a slow cooker, mix together the salsa, lime juice, cilantro, taco seasoning and jalapenos. Add the chicken and coat with the salsa mixture. Allow the chicken to cook, covered, in the slow cooker on Low setting for 6 hours. Shred chicken and place in flour tortilla, top with shredded cheese and lettuce.
Sour cream.

We also like to put black beans in ours.
MamaBearCanada 05:20 PM 02-18-2013
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:

Juice from one lime
1/4 cutp fresh cilantro, chopped (I don't do this because I buy salsa with cilantro)

Directions:
In a slow cooker, mix together the salsa, lime juice, cilantro, taco seasoning and jalapenos. Add the chicken and coat with the salsa mixture. Allow the chicken to cook, covered, in the slow cooker on Low setting for 6 hours. Shred chicken and place in flour tortilla, top with shredded cheese and lettuce.
Sour cream.

That sounds delicious!! I'm going to try that next week.
Scout 05:27 AM 02-19-2013
CP chicken tacos

3-5 boneless chicken breasts
1-16 oz jar of salsa(I used a 24 oz since I worried the chicken would dry out, the smaller jar would've been fine I think)
1 pk taco seasoning

cook on low for 3-5 hours.(mine were done in 3)
AfterSchoolMom 05:41 AM 02-19-2013
My favorite 5 minute meal:

Chicken breast with Golden Mushroom soup, baby carrots, and chopped celery. I sometimes throw in some quartered little potatoes as well, or serve with biscuits (they take 8 minutes in the oven).
Loveyoustinkyface 05:52 AM 02-19-2013
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:

Juice from one lime

Directions:
Sour cream.

TenderHearts.... I am making your recipe today! It's sounds delicious! thanks for posting it!
Tags:crock pot, meals, recipe
Reply Up