Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Websites and Blogs
originalkat 07:34 PM 12-14-2009
I was wondering if any of you have websites and if so do you pay a monthly/yearly fee or use one of those free ones? Also I am going to start a blog to post pictures and learning activities for the parents to see. Does anyone else do this?
mac60 03:49 AM 12-15-2009
I don't do either. I simply don't have the time. I devote enough of my after hours to dc related things, cleaning, shopping, planning, etc. I can't imagine adding another thing to the mix.
DBug 04:27 AM 12-15-2009
I have a website. It took a few hours to get it set up, but a good number of people have found me through the internet, so it's totally worth it in my opinion. Parents have also told me they watch my site to see when availabilities come up. They can also check out my policies before our interview, so they're already pretty much on board when we go over them in person. It's definitely worth the time!

I designed my site on www.wix.com , and I used www.dot.tk to give my site a manageable domain name. Both are free :-)

My site is www.doodlebugs.tk . Feel free to check it out!
mac60 05:28 AM 12-15-2009
I would love to have a website, just haven't found the time to get one established. Maybe that should be my New Years Resolution.
tymaboy 06:23 AM 12-15-2009
I have a site that has almost all my paper work on it & lots of pictures. I think my husband went to godaddy for it. I use the IWeb software on my Mac to create it & upload it. If I have an opening & get calls I will direct them to my site so they can see the pictures & read over my policy, then they can call me to set up an aptment if they are still interested.
originalkat 07:53 AM 12-15-2009
Thank you for sharing everyone! I really enjoyed looking at all of your sites. I think I might try webs.com. I too want to take the ads off. Or I have thought aout going with vista print website. Is it 9.99 per month to take the ads off? I think in this day and age every business should have a website. I'm not judging...I dont have one yet. But I think it is worth the effort to create one. I think it is a good idea to direct parents to your website when you have an opening. I think I could even put it on the answering machine so interested clients could check it out.
Tags:blog, website
Reply Up