Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Would You Handle This?
Country Kids 09:58 PM 03-29-2012
Going back to work at the beginning of the week after vacation. Been sick all vacation, went to the doctors again (4th time) and was told I still have a very serious sinus infection. Another prescription, finished one already, tried over the counter, zinex, vicks, the whole works. Hopefully this new one works but it has been over two weeks and I'm very tired.

Anyway I missed 3 days of work two weeks ago because of being sick and asked all the parents to only bring well children back when I started back up as my immune system wasn't the best and I wanted to try and get well. Well, I got sneezes, runny noses, coughing, and two had the flu by the end of the week. So I spent another weekend in bed starting last Friday and two days this week. Yesterday and today not feeling very good but trying to get things done.

There is another flu strain going around (in my area) where several people have ended up in the er/hospital because its dehydrating them so bad. This worries me because I'm so run down from the sinus infection. A few I know have actually missed almost two weeks of work because of it.

So, I was thinking of texting my parents and letting them know that I need the kids totally well before returning but it didn't work so well last time. I want them to know its a serious situation because I can't take anymore time off and certainly can't end up in the hospital. Would you say anything to the parents or just cross your fingers and hope for the best?
Breezy 10:00 PM 03-29-2012
You need to take care of yourself first and foremost. I think you should explain how serious you are and if need be tell them doctors orders that you CANT be around any illness right now as your body is too run down.
MizzCheryl 03:11 AM 03-30-2012
I had a group like this 2 years ago. They brought in stomach bug after bug. I had it 5 times. I got so mad!
Mostly had it on the weekends but had to close a few times. I had to tell parents NO MORE!
They would bring them in and claim they were fine. After parent would leave the kid would be sick. They just wouldn't be responsible and keep the kids home. I got to where I could smell the sicknees them.
I was getting married in April that year and I told them that If I missed my wedding due to sickness I was gonna close down! LOL
We finally got over it. When I stopped watching 2 of those kids the sickness stopped. Why do some familys keep a stomach flu?
Tags:illness policy, sick policy
Reply Up