Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Do You Share Photos?
Pammie 02:04 PM 06-11-2011
Does anyone use a website like photobucket or snapfish to share daycare photos with parents?

I personally don't use facebook (nor do I want to) and I don't have a daycare website, so I'm looking for a way to cheaply share photos of our summer activities with the dc parents - and so if they want a copy of a photo, they can order copies themselves.
wdmmom 02:59 PM 06-11-2011
I use a Facebook account that I specifically made for current daycare clients only. It is private and no one can see the photos unless you allow their "friendship". All of my daycare parents but 1 have a FB account so they are able to view, share, tag their children and print off copies at their expense.

In my opinion, it's better than photobucket because you can limit who sees the pictures. My families appreciate the privacy rather than having their child's photos plastered all over the internet for anyone to see.

My only other suggestion would be to order the photos online through walmart.com or another place. If you use walmart, you can order them for 9 cents each and have them shipped to the store or you can do 1 hour photo and pay about 19 cents each. You can also make collages of 1 particular child if you want to. That's what I do for families that leave. I choose about 6-8 pictures that I took while they were in my care and make a collage for them to go home with. The parents love it!
laundrymom 06:58 PM 06-11-2011
I only text pics. If they want to then put them online, its their business. I also only include their OWN Childs face in any pic I send.
Kaddidle Care 07:08 PM 06-11-2011
I'm with laundrymom - I just email them to the parents. While I have an authorization from most of them to put pictures on the website, I'm not keen on it. If they want to display their own kadiddles to the world, then so be it.

Not a Facebook person here either.
Michelle 08:33 PM 06-11-2011
there is a website called www.clubspaces.com and it's a free private way to share pictures, you can have a calendar of events, menu, reminders, birthdays etc. This is not a website I have used in the past, I was looking everywhere for it but couldn't remember the name of it, we used it for girl scouts.
But this one looks like it does about the same thing.
you can be the administrator and the parents have to sign in.
nobody will see your pictures but the parents.
littlemissmuffet 10:22 PM 06-11-2011
I email photos on a regular basis, make photo albums (once a year) and make video slideshows on dvds (every quarter).
Tags:photo albums, pictures
Reply Up