Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Love My Job Because...
daycarediva 11:04 AM 04-10-2013
I do have some awesome kids and awesome clients. I feel like all I do is complain, or ask for advice on negative things so I wanted a positive thread because 99% of the time, I love this job!

My dcm brought me a latte today. For no reason whatsoever, just that dcb told her in the car when she went through starbucks drivethrough that "Miss **** likes Nilla WATTES MOM!" (I order them from the kids 'restaurant' all the time) She said it was adoreable and he was so super excited to give it to me! Made my morning!

My dcb says the FUNNIEST things! He is just two, and he is sooo cute! I really wish I could post pictures of him. Today he said to me "C'mon over here and sit next to me honey!" (only it sounded like "cmo ova he-ya and sit neck-a ME honeeey) He calls me honey all the time, like it's my name. I have asked dcp's and he doesnt say that to them/at home. He is also super soft spoken, and it sounds like a half whisper. He puts his hands in his pockets and rocks on his toes when in line/waiting his turn. He's just a cutie!

The dcm of my SA dcb donated a bunch of baseball supplies that they cleaned out of the shed. Very nice gloves, tball sets, soft baseballs and bats. The kids played with them outside, and had a game of tball yesterday afternoon. Same sa dcb hit one over the fence and the little guys mobbed him for his 'homerun'. Both teams were cheering like it was the world series. <3

My dcg has been out sick Mon/Tue and came in today and was velcro'ed onto me for about 10 minutes and kept telling me how much she missed me. Dcm said she was clapping and singing all the way over, and that it makes it easy to leave her knowing she adores me.

Every little I yub you, or I shu shoo, or I shub ya or lub you makes it worthwhile.
bunnyslippers 11:06 AM 04-10-2013
Nice to read. Thanks for that little bit of happy!

I have moments when I really love this job, too. Mostly it is when my own DS is doing something I wouldn't get to see him do if he were in a child care setting without me.
Patches 11:13 AM 04-10-2013
So sweet. Needed that today
preschoolteacher 11:14 AM 04-10-2013
Thanks. This is so sweet. I always had experiences like yours when I worked as a preschool teacher. One year, we had a special day when the children came to school dressed up as what they wanted to be when they grew up. One little girl came dressed up as me! When her parents asked her what she needed to be Miss Teacher (me), she had the funniest answer: Kleenex, to wipe noses, and a hammer, to hang pictures. I swear I never had a hammer at the preschool and never hung a picture once!

I really hope that I continue to have experiences like this when I open my home daycare/preschool.
sahm1225 11:16 AM 04-10-2013
Great post! You made me want starbucks though

I love my dck. They are just the cutest ever. I've been very blessed w families and they are all amazing. I have a Dcm that volunteers 1 hour a week to read to the kids. I have another that came in for an hour the day I wasn't feeling well, just so I could sit down).

Then I love my job because I always have a great looking tan during the summer (I wear sun screen but am
Olive skinned so I still tan).
daycarediva 11:22 AM 04-10-2013
Oh, thought of another one. Dcb now saves the TP & paper towel rolls at home so he can add to our marble run bin. Dcm was SUPER confused as to why he was pulling things out of the garbage "That's not TRASH MOM! MARBLES!"
Michael 03:24 PM 04-10-2013
This is a great title. If we get enough good responses I would like to make an article of them for the frontpage of Daycare.com

I Love My Job Because... I get to meet and interact with so many interesting and different people from around the world.
Lyss 03:38 PM 04-10-2013
Great post and responses!!! There are mostly great moments for me too.

I love my job because I get to listen to cute little giggles all day, watch little infant personalities' become BIG toddler personalities and of course get messy and play in the dirt
Sunchimes 04:19 PM 04-10-2013
I love my job because I love to sing and these are the only people who have ever liked my singing.

I love my job because I am constantly amazed when they pull out a $10 word or a new idea when I didn't even think they were listening.

I love my job because I get to clap and cheer when I'm the audience for magic shows and puppet shows. Bravo! Bravo!!

I love my job because there is nothing better than watching that little lump of human baby become a walking talking little human that can sing, dance, hug, and use words like collection and fortissimo and know that I had a part in them learning those things.

I am overworked, underpaid, but I've never had a job that let me laugh as much or get as many hugs.
Play Care 04:21 PM 04-10-2013
I love when my kids finally grasp a new skill. My one day care boy gets so excited! He claps and says "I did it!"
jenn 06:27 PM 04-10-2013
I love this job because I get to be home with my daughter.
I love this job because I get more hugs in one day than most get in a month.
blandino 07:08 PM 04-10-2013
I love my job because I get to be the one to lay a foundation of knowledge that they will refer back to every day for the rest of their lives. Every time they write their name for the rest of their lives, I WAS THE ONE THAT TAUGHT THEM THAT. Pretty powerful, right ?

I love my job because I get to play surrogate parents during the day, and send them home at night

I love my job when I get to attend birthday parties or baby showers, and everyone tells me how much they have heard about me.

I love my job when kids don't want to go home at the end of the day.
nanglgrl 07:29 PM 04-10-2013
I love my job because whenever I ask, "guess what?" someone always answers, "chicken butt" and little giggles ensue.

I love that I can tell a joke that makes no sense but it still makes everyone laugh.

I love that I'm called "my Angie" by so many.

I love that an application of chapstick makes me "boo-tee-ful" to a few little people even if I'm feeling like I look horrid.

I love that I can sing and dance and not feel self conscious...actually I can avoid that feeling all day long no matter what I do because the kids think I'm pretty neat.

I always love new toys!

I love that people are super excited to come play with me every day and chant my name on the way over.

I love that I amaze people every day but more so that I'm amazed on a daily basis by an emerging personality, new word or skill.

I love being to still see all of the magic in the world because the children show me it's still there every day.

I love knowing that the kids in my care are having a great experience in their childhood, I'm helping them grow and protecting them when their parents work.

I love having co-workers who think I'm smart, "pwetty" and who "wuv" me. The only time they talk behind my back is if they want to surprise me with something.

I love my co-workers and I'm pretty sure they are all geniuses who will grow up to look like super models.
blandino 07:33 PM 04-10-2013
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:

I love my co-workers and I'm pretty sure they are all geniuses who will grow up to look like super models.

I know, right ? I am just sure of it.

Sometimes when I actually sit down and think of it, I will realize that some of these kids will be the ones who drop out of high school, get pregnant early on, don't do well in school, etc - these things are inevitable. It breaks my heart. You really see how much potential each person has.
AmyKidsCo 11:00 AM 04-11-2013
I love my job for so many reasons... Today I love it because I don't have to go out in the cold sleety rain to get to work.
MCC 01:22 PM 04-11-2013
I love my job because I still feel like a stay at home mom.

I love my job because I get to wear yoga pants every day!

Today I love my job because all three of my kiddos have been asleep for over 2 hours, I'm sitting on the couch with a glass of diet coke, and browsing the internet.
just_peachy 03:18 PM 04-11-2013
One of my favorite things is when the DCKs talk positively about me at home, and their parents relay it to me. It's like they really do appreciate me! Sometimes I wonder if kids AND parents are capable of that haha!
DaisyMamma 05:52 PM 04-11-2013
Good post!
Most people only talk about things only when something is bothering them. Its normal but sometimes it doesn't go without saying that we do love our jobs!
Laurel 06:45 PM 04-11-2013
I have loved my job for 16 years because at first it allowed me to be home when my children were home. I was a stay at home mom for them and then when they started school we needed more income. I was able to stay home summers because I worked at schools during the school year and did child care for school aged children during the summer.

Later I started full time and it has been so incredibly wonderful to have my grandchildren in my daycare. First my granddaughter and now my grandson. I feel so honored to have been able to see them on a daily basis rather than just 'grandma visits.'

I love that my days are flexible. In what other job can you just decide to go outside and enjoy a beautiful day whenever you want to? I love not being chained to a desk (like before I started doing this).

I love my job of being a teacher. It is so gratifying to see a child just loving to learn knowing that I have had a hand in it.

I love my job because mostly it is just plain fun. Sometimes when I'm coloring with them or cooking or just rocking with a sweet baby sleeping in my arms it feels like I'm really not working. It feels like 'this is the stuff life is made of' and I actually get paid for it.

I love my job because I get to be creative. I think up art projects, games, things to do outside, etc. I like being my own boss. For the most part if I want to do something I do it. That is very cool.

Laurel
Tags:daycare environment, love daycare
Reply Up