Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Getting a Home Daycare Started in Texas
JesskaAtreides 05:37 PM 04-26-2010
Recently I've decided to move and start a home daycare in a home, rather than my apartment. The problem is, the home we have chosen is in a deed restricted area that doesn't allow business from homes. What I am wondering is, how do I get around this issue, if at all? Does that rule apply to home daycare? Or other businesses, excluding home daycare? I am stomped and when I call the state they rush me off of the phone. Any suggestions? Thanks. I am in the state of Texas.
booroo 09:19 AM 04-27-2010
I have never heard of an area that can restrict home businesses. That is really crazy, I mean really, so that means you cant have an ebay store business or anything like that. Boy I would start with the City council.
MarinaVanessa 09:33 AM 04-27-2010
Well some places (especially landlords that rent out) don't like it when you run a business out of your home or some residential areas aren't zoned for businesses but you can check with zoning before you move to check if you can still start a daycare at that address and talk to your landlords. Most of the time you'll need permission to run a daycare if you are renting. If you are becoming licensed check with licensing to see if you need to have a waiver signed by your tenant. I had to have one signed by my fiance since our home is only under his name (he owned it before I came along) but it's not required everywhere. Our home is not zoned for home-businesses but if you do daycare it's an exception. I think they're talking about a retail-type business not a service oriented one.
Tags:deed restricted, zoning
Reply Up