Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Have You Ever Wondered Why........
Country Kids 07:18 AM 11-17-2011
if we have children for so long during the day why, oh why can't they follow the rules.

I am perplexed of why children can't follow the rules when they are in our care for so long. You would think they would start to realize that they are here the majority of the day and need to do what they are asked.

I'm not saying kids are perfect but when its the same thing everyday! Please don't talk with your mouth full, nice table manners, sit still, don't scream/yell, no running, etc.

Don't you think they would adapt to the rules after awhile?
Zoe 07:29 AM 11-17-2011
You'd think, but they're kids. My own children obviously know what my rules are, but I'm constantly telling my own DS3 to not run in the house, use his indoor voice. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! It never ends.
hoopinglady 07:33 AM 11-17-2011
I've been trying to teach my son manners for 17 years.

j/k, he does alright.

I think it's totally normal to "forget" the rules but I will often say, "Is this your first day?!"
jennajury 07:50 AM 11-17-2011
When it comes to DCK I think alot of the time it depends on what the parents are doing at home. Do they have the same rules as you? If not then the children see they can get away with something at their house they are going to try it at yours. For example I have a little girl who constantly trys to hit. She trys to hit me, herself, and other children. I don't let her do it at my house however it's a constant battle, you would think she would learn. However her parents LET HER hit them, so that is the reason why she isn't learning.
Kaddidle Care 11:36 AM 11-17-2011
Originally Posted by hoopinglady:
I've been trying to teach my son manners for 17 years.

j/k, he does alright.

I think it's totally normal to "forget" the rules but I will often say, "Is this your first day?!"
haha! I usually say "Did you leave your manners at school?"
Tags:rules
Reply Up