Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Voucher Parents Putting Children in Daycare 12 Hours
permanentvacation 06:28 AM 01-12-2015
I got a call before I was even out of bed this morning from a parent telling me they need daycare from 6 am - 6 pm Monday -Friday. My first thought was, 'No you don't, you're on vouchers and they will pay from 6 -6, so you want me to raise your child because you get free daycare for 12 hours per day.' So I asked her what hours she works. She said she goes to a class (meaning the classes for voucher parents that teach them work skills so they can get a job) from 8 - 3 and she lives in my area. So, she really only needs daycare 7/7:30 - 3:30/4. As soon as I said that to her, she hung up! Obviously, like so many parents who get vouchers here, since the vouchers will pay for 12 hours, she wants to dump her child at daycare for 12 hours.

I'm so ready to quit daycare because of the type of parents that are in my area. In the past almost 6 years that I have been back up here in this area, I have only had a handful of decent parents. I am so tired of parents who make it obvious that they have no interest in their child and only want the cheapest daycare they can find who will let them leave their child at daycare for as long as possible.
Tags:child abuse prevention, subsidy, subsidy issues, voucher
Up