Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>No Refund....Upset Parent...Help Plz
maryjane 12:00 AM 06-04-2010
I enrolled my children into the daycare on March 15, 2010. I paid 190.00 for 5 weeks until my child care was approved. Once my child care was approved, my mothly co-pay was 336.00, which gave me a credit until the middle/end of May only to owe 20.00 for the last week.(I paid the 20.00 payment on May 4,2010) The daycare owners' mother and I had a dispute about my daughter walkin around with fesis for a long period of time; when I came to pick my daughter up the 'worker' refused to change her. I didnt withdraw my children from the child care center, but the owner contacted me the same night and advised me that my children wouldnt be able to return. This happened on May 17, 2010. That would give me a refund for the remaining working days in the month of May which were 5/18-5/21 and 5/24-5/28, nine business days. My refund should have been in the amount of 151.20, but the director advised that she was only going to give me a refund for 117.00 and it would be ready for pick-up on the first.(the calculation for daily pay is to take number of working days{20 for May} and divide it into the monthly amount{336.00}) I asked her if I could have a receipt of payment and she refused to provide me with proof of payment, telling me that her accountant would get in contact with me for the purpose of 2010 tax credit(child care credit) The 1st has came and gone and I still have no refund. I have called her business phone numerous times with no response, only a fax tone. When I did speak with the director, she advised me not to call her, she would call me. Its an unnecessary hassle, no parent should have to go through this just to receive a refund. This is not the first incident with the daycare. The director has charged me late fees numerous times and I would have to pay in order to leave my children at the daycare. I was only able to get a refund when I would have time after work to sit down with her, or whenever she was avaliable, and go over my hours, which turned out to be the same for each day. She would apologize and give me my cash back. I should have withdrawn my children from the daycare when the misapplied late fee situation first took place, but I do believe in people making mistakes. Please help, what am I to do????
Crystal 12:05 PM 06-04-2010
I would type up a "demand" letter. Keep it short and sweet, state the Facts (what you said above), state your expectations (a refund, in the amount of____) state the date you expect to recieve it by (allow 14 days) and state that if you do not recieve it by said date you will be forced to take legal action, and will also then be seeking reimbursement for court costs and time off of work.
Sign it, date it, send it certified mail. If she refuses it, then simply mail it to her and have the postal service send you a delivery notification so that you have proof that it was delivered and not lost in the mail.

If you do not recieve the refund on said date, file a small claims case against her.

Good luck.
Abigail 10:28 PM 08-16-2010
The idea that you are not so concerned about why your child was terminated boggles me because yes, you should be reimbursed, but why exactly was she terminated? I was told at a child care orientation meeting I attended last week (I want to open a daycare) that if for some reason the child is "not a good fit" then we are not required to specifically tell the parents why the care is terminated. You never said anything more than a poopy diaper?

Anyways, my recommendation is that you need to go to the facility in person...perhaps in the morning to get it over with or be polite and go at closing time hoping she doesn't lock the door. If you had success meeting with her for reimbursement in person before, why not give it a try one more time. You will not have to deal with her anymore after this visit. Beyond that, I would also recommend doing the certified mail as stated above. I did that as the beginning process of small claims court and won by default because they refused to fill out "Their side of the story" and submit it, but since they signed for it and didn't take action, I automatically won by default. Now, if I only knew at that time where they worked, I could have been paid, but at least I know they can not apply for any loans or school or big expense things until they've paid me. It's valid for ten years and I don't have to think about it anymore, it's bad on their record, LOL.
MummaJo 09:28 AM 11-05-2010
That is really shocking. I'd complain. Politely. Never let yourself get upset - it shows that the other person has control. Merely send the letter and try to get it enforced.

Good luck!
Tags:refund
Reply Up