Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>New Here :)
Daycarelady1979 09:38 AM 07-20-2012
Hi everybody, my name is Carrie & I've been running a daycare out of my home for almost 9 years. I've always stayed really full with private pay clients, that is until I had my 2nd child a few months ago. I went from 6 daycare kids to only 1 by the time my pregnancy/maternity leave was over. I just became a certified type B provider in the state of Ohio last week. I'm hoping I can start getting some new kids in here soon! I have been married for 11 years & have a 9 year old son in addition to my new baby The one daycare kid that stayed with me throughout my pregnancy/maternity leave is starting kindergarten in less than a month & will not need daycare anymore. She has been with me for 4.5 years. I'm very sad to say goodbye to her but at the same time I'm looking forward to starting fresh with some new kids. So glad to be a part of this group!
Blackcat31 09:45 AM 07-20-2012
Welcome to the forum!

Your status has been upgraded so you can post freely now
Kiki 12:31 PM 07-20-2012
Welcome!
Michael 02:23 PM 07-20-2012
Welcome!
MizzCheryl 05:10 PM 07-20-2012
Hey Carrie. Thanks for the intro. I have been there starting over with a new group. I know how it can feel when numbers are down and you are used to being full. My advice would be to try to enjoy your time with your the new baby and get some time for yourself cause you will fill back up and be up to your ears in kids. Don't worry just relax and take a break. Sounds like you have been working hard for a lot oof years. You have been in the biz along time so you will fill back up.
Daycarelady1979 02:52 PM 07-21-2012
Aww, thank you! That makes me feel better I have been trying not to stress out & just enjoy this summer with my own 2 kids, but financially its been a bit difficult. More than anything I think my feelings were just hurt when all the kids decided to leave for one reason or another. They had all been here for YEARS & as soon as my own baby came into the mix they left. It just hurts. I loved those kids very much. I know God has a plan for me though...and I will fill up again soon. I have faith
Former Teacher 02:54 PM 07-21-2012
Originally Posted by Daycarelady1979:
Hi everybody, my name is Carrie & I've been running a daycare out of my home for almost 9 years. I've always stayed really full with private pay clients, that is until I had my 2nd child a few months ago. I went from 6 daycare kids to only 1 by the time my pregnancy/maternity leave was over. I just became a certified type B provider in the state of Ohio last week. I'm hoping I can start getting some new kids in here soon! I have been married for 11 years & have a 9 year old son in addition to my new baby The one daycare kid that stayed with me throughout my pregnancy/maternity leave is starting kindergarten in less than a month & will not need daycare anymore. She has been with me for 4.5 years. I'm very sad to say goodbye to her but at the same time I'm looking forward to starting fresh with some new kids. So glad to be a part of this group!
That is one cute little munchkin!

Welcome!
Tags:ohio
Reply Up