Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Know It's Been Asked A Million Times...
TwinKristi 05:37 PM 06-10-2014
How do you word the contract for a non-refundable deposit to hold a spot? I have an interview tomorrow morning. Single mom trying to find a FT job and put baby in childcare, she has to get a job and staying home isn't an option so she's just going to keep trying to find a job until she succeeds. She said if things go well tomorrow she wants to put a deposit down to hold her spot since she has an infant and a highly sought after spot. I will have held 7 interviews by the end of the week for this 1 spot. Most are PT but this is FT and obviously what I would prefer over multiple PT days. BUT I would probably make more money on the multiple PT families over the 1 FT family...

I want to make sure I word a deposit contract to clearly state that this deposit is only to be credited towards the last 2 weeks of childcare and is non-refundable if care if not started within 30 days. And I need to do this by 9:30 tomorrow! LOL
daycare 05:43 PM 06-10-2014
Originally Posted by TwinKristi:
How do you word the contract for a non-refundable deposit to hold a spot? I have an interview tomorrow morning. Single mom trying to find a FT job and put baby in childcare, she has to get a job and staying home isn't an option so she's just going to keep trying to find a job until she succeeds. She said if things go well tomorrow she wants to put a deposit down to hold her spot since she has an infant and a highly sought after spot. I will have held 7 interviews by the end of the week for this 1 spot. Most are PT but this is FT and obviously what I would prefer over multiple PT days. BUT I would probably make more money on the multiple PT families over the 1 FT family...

I want to make sure I word a deposit contract to clearly state that this deposit is only to be credited towards the last 2 weeks of childcare and is non-refundable if care if not started within 30 days. And I need to do this by 9:30 tomorrow! LOL
I_______________________, hereby agree that this holding fee of $__________ is to hold a spot for my child____________________________at ABC , owned and operated by ________________. Should a situation occur and I will no longer need care for my child, I must notify in writing to ABCDCon or before: __________ by 6:00pm to receive my full deposit fee back. After said date and time has passed, I understand that this deposit is completely non-refundable under any circumstances.

I give them 48 hours to change their mind and then after that it is not refundable.
daycare 05:45 PM 06-10-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:
I_______________________, hereby agree that this holding fee of $__________ is to hold a spot for my child____________________________at ABC , owned and operated by ________________. Should a situation occur and I will no longer need care for my child, I must notify in writing to ABCDCon or before: __________ by 6:00pm to receive my full deposit fee back. After said date and time has passed, I understand that this deposit is completely non-refundable under any circumstances.

I give them 48 hours to change their mind and then after that it is not refundable.
I also have this..

The ABC Daycare agrees to hold an opening for my child from _______ to__________, which will be the start date for my child. All fees will start to occur for the cost of care from this date forward if my child is in attendance or not. Should I decide that I do not need care for my child, I will inform in writing to ABC Daycare one week prior to my start date. Otherwise, full tuition fees will be charged until I informABCDC of my desire to cancel in writing. None of my deposit will be refunded AFTER _______________.
TwinKristi 06:27 PM 06-10-2014
See I don't know that I even want to give 48hrs to cancel. Once they give me that deposit, that's it... It either goes towards the last 2wks of care upon giving 2wks notice or it's forfeited if care is not started within 30 days. I may work with someone on extending it if she's communicating with me. I have so many people looking for this one spot I don't even want to give someone 48hrs because then if one or more of these families gets back to me during those 48hrs and then she cancels I don't want to totally screw myself, ya know?

She seemed really eager to get on with her life and get a job and such and has 2 interviews this week on top of one from last week I guess.
daycare 06:42 PM 06-10-2014
Originally Posted by TwinKristi:
See I don't know that I even want to give 48hrs to cancel. Once they give me that deposit, that's it... It either goes towards the last 2wks of care upon giving 2wks notice or it's forfeited if care is not started within 30 days. I may work with someone on extending it if she's communicating with me. I have so many people looking for this one spot I don't even want to give someone 48hrs because then if one or more of these families gets back to me during those 48hrs and then she cancels I don't want to totally screw myself, ya know?

She seemed really eager to get on with her life and get a job and such and has 2 interviews this week on top of one from last week I guess.
then don't give her 48 hours. basically change it to say upon signing of this contract this fee is 100% nonrefundable for any reason.

I had that happen to me, but I still had the other people want in.
Tags:deposit, holding a spot
Reply Up