Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How To Transition Parents To Prepay?
DaycareMama 09:23 AM 09-19-2011
How do I transition parents to a weekly prepayment schedule? Half my parents will have no problem the other half can hardly pay on time now. So when I tell them we're switching the 2nd half will give me a list of reasons why they can't pay the current week then an extra week at the same time. YMWIM?

The parents that can't do it at one time, should I break theirs out over like a month?

Also would anyone mind sharing how it is worded in your hand book? Do you prefer having them pay on Monday or Friday prior? How do you handle families on daycare assistance? Meaning if they pay a normal copay (fee) and then that family is out a day, how do they pay the extra money for that absent day? Or when? When payment is not made for any family do you have a grace period? Or late fees or rules??

Thanks in advance
Cat Herder 09:29 AM 09-19-2011
My vacation weeks (2 separate) are unpaid, so I used one of those as the way to do it.

When I got back the payment was due in advance that Monday.

That way nobody had to pay two weeks worth of fees at any time.

It worked very well.

"All tuition is due on Mondays, in advance for the week."

I have no advice on State paid as I only accept private pay clients.
DaycareMama 09:32 AM 09-19-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
My vacation weeks (2 separate) are unpaid, so I used one of those as the way to do it.

When I got back the payment was due in advance that Monday.

That way nobody had to pay two weeks worth of fees at any time.

It worked very well.
That could work! I am taking the week after xmas off. They were all excited about not having to pay that week but......It works for me!

Thanks for the idea
Meeko 11:29 AM 09-19-2011
Sounds like the vacation idea will work for you...but the bottom line is YOU don't have to help them transition. All you should do is give them plenty of notice and it's up to them to budget accordingly. If they don't....well it's not your fault. Too many parents want their day care provider to either go without pay altogether or to somehow magically make is easier for them. Your job is taking care of their children not their finances.

Good luck! You will no doubt get some whiners, but your responsible parents will understand the importance of paying in advance.
Blackcat31 12:28 PM 09-19-2011
I have a couple state paid families. Their co pays are due (for the up-coming 2 weeks) in advance like everyone else's payments. Mine are due on Fridays but I am sure Mondays work too.

As far as the absent days or additional costs go, that part I do have to sort out at the end of the two week billing cycle. So sometimes I have a parent paying their copay (in advance) while paying for additional fees after the fact. I only have 3 families on state pay so it isn't too much extra work and I have been doing it for so long that it is second nature.

Hopefully that helps answer your questions.

FYI~ Pre-payments will ease alot of worries and trouble for you. You will wonder why you didn't do it long before.
Tags:pay in advance, payment - contract, payment collection, payment policy - sample
Reply Up