Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Are You A Member Of The NAFCC? Website Gone/Down?
Crazy8 07:47 AM 09-11-2012
First question, are you a paying member? I joined last year, think it was $25 or so. I never really got much info on it and never "used" the membership for anything. Does anyone find it useful? Is it worth the $25 or so annually????

Second question, I got a renewal postcard in the mail but when I go to nafcc.org it comes up as a generic site saying "related searches" - like the website is gone???? Maybe its just a temporary issue??
Unregistered 09:03 AM 09-11-2012
Try looking up Institute for Education and Professional Development.

That should answer your questions.
Kimberly5586 11:25 AM 09-11-2012
I don't know where they purchased their domain or hosting but if they use go daddy, then go daddy has been down since yesterday because they were hacked, that maybe the cause.
Michael 01:21 PM 09-11-2012
Originally Posted by Kimberly5586:
I don't know where they purchased their domain or hosting but if they use go daddy, then go daddy has been down since yesterday because they were hacked, that maybe the cause.
GoDaddy was not hacked. It was an internal problem. Also, just because someone registered a domain name at GoDaddy does not mean they have a website there. You can register a domain at many other registrars and then create a website any where you choose.

Those that DID have a website at GoDaddy experienced problems yesterday. Judging from the NAACP whois information, (DNS servers located at DBRU.BR.NS.ELS-GMS.ATT.NET) it looks like their servers are not with GoDaddy and are located at an ATT NOC. The NAACP is a big organization and IMO GoDaddy is better suited for small start-ups.
Kimberly5586 06:45 PM 09-11-2012
Well my website was purchased from go daddy but is hosted from word press and it was down, the guy working on my site said that it was hacked (sent me a link) i am sorry if my information was incorrect it was what little information i had.
Crazy8 06:58 PM 09-11-2012
well NAFCC is back up, so who knows what the issue was with that... can anyone maybe answer my initial question.... are you a member and what do you get out of being one??
Tags:dns, internet, website
Reply Up