Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Thought You Guys Would Appreciate...
Shell 08:09 AM 02-12-2014
Dcg comes in this morning with a bit of a stuffy nose, nothing major, but one of the other kids notices and makes a comment about dcg being sick. Dcm says, "well, she is kind of stuffy, but because she's always sick...I mean, she's always stuffy, it's just allergies." Then, she feels dcg's head, and says, "well, she does feel a little warm, but it's just from the sun" I nod, laughing to myself...it hasn't been above single digits in weeks here...you know, the sun is causing her to be warm Btw, she isn't feverish at all, or I would be sending home. Thought you guys would appreciate another addition to the "allergies" and "teething" excuse....now it's the sun
Blackcat31 08:36 AM 02-12-2014
I only WISH I could be affected by the sun.

LOL! to that DCM, I bet she thought she was thinking fast on her feet.

It's always funny to hear the stuff that parents can come up with....
NeedaVaca 08:46 AM 02-12-2014
The best one I have ever heard is that DCB has a runny nose because he blows bubbles during bath time? I really had nothing to say to that comment, just laughed inside my head! I had never heard THAT before lol
daycarediva 09:45 AM 02-12-2014
maybe if it was 90*. THE SUN! LOL!!

dcb pushed a kid at drop off today and the other dck told his Mom. Dcm said "Oh dcb just isn't ready to talk to friends yet." and I had to speak up "BUT, dcb can use his words and not his hands, and he can also have a seat in time out for pushing."
melilley 11:01 AM 02-12-2014
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
The best one I have ever heard is that DCB has a runny nose because he blows bubbles during bath time? I really had nothing to say to that comment, just laughed inside my head! I had never heard THAT before lol

melilley 11:01 AM 02-12-2014
I only wish it was the sun! Funny!
Tags:allergies, excuses, illness policy, infectious teething, just for fun
Reply Up