Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare and Taxes

Daycare and Taxes All things related to Taxes and running a Daycare post here. Topics of tax exemptions, forms, filings, tax write offs, IRS etc.

Old 11-02-2017, 02:27 PM

Default KidKare Ownership

Curious but saw this comment on-line and am wondering if there is any truth to it......

"Minute Menu is Tom Copeland's company. They were bought out and transitioned to KidKare. This is his program. He gets royalties off of it."

Not that it makes any difference to me who owns it or who developed it, I just want the issues fixed but I read the above and am now curious...
Old 11-02-2017, 02:48 PM
Family Childcare Home

Interesting. I have no clue but still very interesting. I don't care who it belongs to. I just want it to work
Old 11-02-2017, 04:27 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

"September 18, 2017" "Texas Education Commissioner Mike Morath"..."He had led Minute Menu Systems, a software company that helped streamline a federal child nutrition program" http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news...y-12207515.php

April 11, 2017 "Alpine Investors has made an undisclosed investment in Minute Menu Systems. Based in Richardson, Texas, Minute Menu is a provider of child and adult care food program management software." “I am incredibly excited to join Minute Menu Systems, and look forward to working closely with Natalie and her team to help grow the business,” said newly appointed Chief Executive Officer, Matt Wilson. "Minute Menu also offers KidKare, an affordable SaaS-based childcare management solution that is specifically designed for family childcare providers." :more than 6,000 childcare centers using Minute Menu CX" https://www.pehub.com/2017/04/alpine...-minute-menu/#
Old 11-05-2017, 08:45 AM
Business Author/Trainer

Default KidKare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
Curious but saw this comment on-line and am wondering if there is any truth to it......

"Minute Menu is Tom Copeland's company. They were bought out and transitioned to KidKare. This is his program. He gets royalties off of it."

Not that it makes any difference to me who owns it or who developed it, I just want the issues fixed but I read the above and am now curious...
Nope. I don't own Minute Menu. I don't owe it under their new name of KidKare. I don't get any royalties from them. They have hired me to do some webinars for them. I have a Child Care Business Partnership where I offer special assistance to help providers use the accounting section. Providers who join this Partnership pay me directly and there is no financial coordination between me and KidKare about this.

You can't believe everything you read on the Internet!
Old 11-06-2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCopeland View Post
Nope. I don't own Minute Menu. I don't owe it under their new name of KidKare. I don't get any royalties from them. They have hired me to do some webinars for them. I have a Child Care Business Partnership where I offer special assistance to help providers use the accounting section. Providers who join this Partnership pay me directly and there is no financial coordination between me and KidKare about this.

Thanks for clearing that up Tom!

You are right, you definitely can't believe anything you read on the internet.
Old 11-06-2017, 01:09 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCopeland View Post

But I thought everything on the internet was true!

Tags
kidkare, minute menu, tom copeland