Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Food Program Question
mainemomma 10:50 AM 07-23-2010
Happy Friday afternoon everyone!!

So, I just recieved my first check for the food program ($531.04 wahoo!!!!)..it is $88 dollars less that I was expecting..I am wondering if I messed up on my infant sheet? I have 7 children 1 and up (including my 2 who qualify due to our income) and then 1 infant. The amount of the check covered to the penny the 7 older children. I filled out the infant sheets, but didnt carry her name over to the green main form with all the other children on it...am I supose to? Ofcourse the lady that I deal with isn't in today

Thanks for any help!

Melissa
Janet 11:05 AM 07-23-2010
If your states food program is anything like the food program in MI, then it won't matter if you made a small error in forgetting to write a name on a different sheet, even if you got the menu right in every other spot. Any mistake in MI results in you not getting paid for that particular meal and/or child. I've learned that the hard way. They won't usually let you correct mistakes, either.
Pammie 11:06 AM 07-23-2010
Every sponsor of the federal food program has their own version of the paperwork that they require - it's not a federal - standard- form
So the only one that can really answer this for you would be your sponsor organization...sorry.
But you are owed $ from a mistake in the paperwork - you should be able to get paid appropriately once it's all straightened out!!
misol 11:15 AM 07-23-2010
It has also been my experience that any little mistake results in you not getting paid for that meal for that child. When we receive our checks they also come with an error report which shows exactly what was wrong on your claim. My first claim that included an in infant I screwed up royally. I use Minute Menu now which makes it almost impossible to mess up.
boysx5 11:33 AM 07-23-2010
wow thats a nice size check yes our food program here will also tell you if you make a mistake. The most I have ever gotten from the food program is 100 dollars makes it almost not worth all the work. I do now have six full timers so will see if my check gets bigger
alolleyVasp 08:16 PM 07-24-2010
Hi Barb.

Yours are the first subject in this topic. I have not read the book yet but I do intend to. I can't answer your question without having read the book but just wanted to welcome you here.
Tags:food program, michigan
Reply Up