Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Cycle Menu?
Meeko 11:02 AM 08-03-2011
Does anyone have a cycle menu that is food program approved, they would be willing to share?

I am so bored with mine and every time I sit down to re-do it...I just get frustrated!

I am looking for healthy, but quick and easy (I know...I want it all!!) I feed up to 16 children.

THANKS!
Cat Herder 11:03 AM 08-03-2011
Do you have MMK?
DCMom 11:10 AM 08-03-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Do you have MMK?
This what I use ~ Seasonal menus, weeks 1-20. I don't know what I would do without MMK, it makes my life sooooo much easier!
MarinaVanessa 11:13 AM 08-03-2011
Originally Posted by DCMom:
This what I use ~ Seasonal menus, weeks 1-20. I don't know what I would do without MMK, it makes my life sooooo much easier!
I use MMK, where do I find the menus?? I've only been using MMK for a month now
Cat Herder 11:33 AM 08-03-2011
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I use MMK, where do I find the menus?? I've only been using MMK for a month now
On the first screen go to "Menu Planner"...then click on the "Meals" tab.....then select the "Pre-planned menus" tab.

You can also check out the "Help" button on the front page....click on "How do I get started" and go from there. It teaches you everything.
heyhun77 12:11 PM 08-03-2011
I have my fall/winter rotation posted on my website. I can email you the receipe book files that go along with it.

http://www.freewebs.com/littleexplor...amplemenus.htm
Christina72684 01:38 PM 08-03-2011
Originally Posted by heyhun77:
I have my fall/winter rotation posted on my website. I can email you the receipe book files that go along with it.

http://www.freewebs.com/littleexplor...amplemenus.htm
Can you email me them? littlesproutsdaycare@ymail.com I'd take more menus too if you have them. Thanks!
countrymom 04:23 PM 08-03-2011
please share with us canadians, we don't have mmk here.
heyhun77 06:08 PM 08-03-2011
Originally Posted by Christina72684:
Can you email me them? littlesproutsdaycare@ymail.com I'd take more menus too if you have them. Thanks!
I have more menus but they are not typed up. What I can tell you is my process for making a cycle menu. My first one I just went through my meal claims and made a list of what I had been serving. Then I put them on a rotation over 4 weeks and tried to spread out the proteins and such so there weren't a lot of repeats nor a lot of the same protein next to each other in the same week.

Over the years I have changed the rotations to become less processed foods and more whole grains and lowfat proteins. I've also added a protein to breakfast since that will soon be a requirement for food program anyway. I started the summer with a rotating menu but dumped it after a couple cycles because our scheduling changed a ton and we ended up having to pack lunch with us 4 days a week so I needed even more simple food that was portable.

I'llemail youthe receipe books for the fall/winter menuthat is up on my website as soon as my husband getshome to help me use his computer. I can't figure out where my external drivehooks upsoIcan access my documents.
afmama 06:19 PM 08-03-2011
How much does MM cost to use?
Meeko 04:18 PM 08-05-2011
Yes I have MM. I'm just a dork and not the best cook. Other people's recipes always sound better!!!
Tags:cycle menu, food program
Reply Up