Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do You Use Baby Wipes
Unregistered 12:44 PM 02-12-2015
Do you use baby wipes at every diaper change? I don't want the parents to think I use too many. I wipe if their wet too not just for poopys. What do all you other providers do? Wipe for poops only?
AuntTami 12:50 PM 02-12-2015
I use wipes for every change. Do you wipe each time you use the bathroom or just when you poo? That's my philosophy! I buy wipes though because I have a lot of part timers and I didn't want 8 packages of wipes sitting around for different kids. But even before I started that, I used them every time. Usually more than one at a time. Wipes are cheap enough that I don't worry about if I use too many. I'd rather use too many than to leave a kid with pee on them. Urine is very acidic and can cause rashes and irritation.
Controlled Chaos 01:14 PM 02-12-2015
I provide wipes Its something I don't want to run out of and I don't want to keep track of using the right wipe package for the right kid. I don't use them every time, because they can be drying to the skin and many of my dcks have super dry skin this time of year. If they are damp but not dirty I might use some toilet paper to dry their booty.
hope 01:14 PM 02-12-2015
I use wipes for all diaper changes. My own children use wipes too when they use the potty so I buy them in bulk. I ask that parent send in a package of wipes when they can. Most will when they send in diapers. I only ask that they be fragrance free and the sensitive kind. I can't imagine having a different package of wipes for every child. Would be too much for storage and to keep track of.
laundrymom 03:43 PM 02-12-2015
I do at every change. Each child's diapers and wipes that patents provide are stored in the top shelf of their cubby. I typically have 6-7 in diapers.
racemom 04:09 PM 02-12-2015
I do at every change. Our parents provide wipes, and I have never had anyone question the amount we go through.
Heidi 07:12 PM 02-12-2015
I use for BM's and some wet diapers, not all. Every family brings one package of wipes at the beginning of each month, and I open one at a time. That's enough to keep my stock up and a few in over-stock.
CraftyMom 08:52 PM 02-12-2015
I do not wipe for every pee. Diapers absorb quite a bit, so their skin isn't really soaking in it. If it's a very wet diaper then yes, but if it's just a light one then no. I do not have issues with rashes though. If I had a kid that was prone to rash I would wipe every time.

Parents supply wipes. I keep them in their cubbies. I might start supplying them myself though. I usually end up using whichever pack I grab first for everyone getting changed at that time. It evens out though No one has a particular brand they use, most use generic from multiple places.
Play Care 03:18 AM 02-13-2015
I wipe every time, and parent supply the wipes. I've also never had a parent question the amount used. I've also had some "big poopers" in my care so I'm upfront with parents if I am using more than average. It's not my fault their child poops 5 times a day
Unregistered 04:27 AM 02-13-2015
Every change. Boy or girl. I think it's unclean not to, all my parents provide wipes and never complain when we run low.
Meeko 05:59 AM 02-13-2015
I use wipes at every change.

But I do not have a pack of wipes for each child. Just one container on my changing table.

Parents are expected to bring a refill pack on the 1st of each month for each diapered child.

I just work my way through them. If I run out....I would buy more. (Has never happened!)

I have 9 of my 16 kids in diapers right now...and do not want nine boxes of wipes on my changing table.

A child would only get their own if they needed a certain kind because of allergies etc.
Crazy8 08:01 AM 02-13-2015
I use them at every change and I also switched to providing the wipes a few years ago. Hated having a container for each kid and hated when parents sent me the super thin cheapy wipes or looked at me strange if I needed wipes sooner than they would like so I just switched to providing them myself. Its not a huge expense and its a tax write off.

I order thru amazon's subscribe and save and usually pay less than 2 cents per wipe for my preferred brand (Huggies).
Blackcat31 09:51 AM 02-13-2015
Originally Posted by Meeko:
I use wipes at every change.

But I do not have a pack of wipes for each child. Just one container on my changing table.

Parents are expected to bring a refill pack on the 1st of each month for each diapered child.

I just work my way through them. If I run out....I would buy more. (Has never happened!)

I have 9 of my 16 kids in diapers right now...and do not want nine boxes of wipes on my changing table.

A child would only get their own if they needed a certain kind because of allergies etc.
What she said ^^^

Except the part about 9 being in diapers. I only have 4. But ALL families bring one refill pack of wet wipes PER child on the first of each month.
Jack Sprat 12:15 PM 02-13-2015
I provide wipes. I have two in diapers. I also use them to wipe hands after painting before we wash with soap. If a parent doesn't like the wipes we use then they are expected to provide their own. I wipe every change be it pee or poop.
jenboo 01:20 PM 02-13-2015
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
I do not wipe for every pee. Diapers absorb quite a bit, so their skin isn't really soaking in it. If it's a very wet diaper then yes, but if it's just a light one then no. I do not have issues with rashes though. If I had a kid that was prone to rash I would wipe every time.

Parents supply wipes. I keep them in their cubbies. I might start supplying them myself though. I usually end up using whichever pack I grab first for everyone getting changed at that time. It evens out though No one has a particular brand they use, most use generic from multiple places.

I provide the wipes. I am picky and will only use one brand. I wipe about every other pee diaper.
Thriftylady 01:26 PM 02-13-2015
I provide because we use them for more than diapers. I take them to the park and such for emergency messy hand clean ups.
renodeb 10:48 AM 02-17-2015
I started out having the parents provide diapers and wipes. It worked fine for a while but soon the parents started "forgetting" to grab them on the way out of the house and the one time would turn into two and three weeks later and still no diapers (despite timely reminders). I had one mom who always complained that I used to many. (that got old fast). For me it depends on the child's status sometimes I use on wet diapers sometimes not.
Deb
Tags:baby wipes
Reply Up