Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daily Forms
dave4him 04:47 PM 01-24-2012
So now she (my sil) wants daily forms at the end of each day to inform her what her darling daugther does all day, diaper change times, naps, ect.... i shouldnt be annoyed since i know thats expected in a larger facility... but just another thing to remember to do!
e.j. 05:05 PM 01-24-2012
Once you get used to doing it, it's not so bad. I have a few parents who want me to give them a written log of their kids' day. I leave the blank copies on my kitchen counter and fill them out throughout the day as I have time.

It's a little time consuming but if it helps set the parents' minds at ease, I figure it's worth the time and effort.
AfterSchoolMom 06:58 AM 01-25-2012
I do them, and it isn't a big deal. I made one that mostly involves circling and writing in times, and it takes about ten seconds per day. I can send you mine if you want.
Unregistered 07:11 AM 01-25-2012
I have done them since I opened, 16 years ago! I have 8 children I care for so it can be a lot at times, but the parents love it. It really helps me at the end of the day. I am usually in a hurry to get the parents out and to my own kids' activities so this helps save time spent talking about what they ate, if they had a bm, how long they nap, etc.
I include any notes on it of anything I need to tell the parent about as well.

I have also had a couple of families that like an email update mid afternoon. That works sometimes since I check my email at nap time anyways. Maybe that would be easier for you??
Good luck!
Meeko 08:36 AM 01-25-2012
I gave up doing this years ago. I can tell the parents in about 10 seconds how the day went.

Anything I write down ends up on the floor of their car...or worse...in my driveway.

It was such a waste of paper and time.

As for your SIL...I get the feeling she is trying to show off and 'show you who's boss" as she's only 17.

I would say something like:

"Well, I don't offer that service, but if you would like a written report, please feel free to design and print up some daily sheets of your own and I will fill them out and we can both sign them at pick up each day after you have read it all."

I think that even IF she does it....it won't last long. If SHE has to put some effort in, it will no longer be necessary
Christian Mother 08:53 AM 01-25-2012
Some parents really could care less and others mostly new parents want to have them. When I started i did this and I continue too. I find it exstremly helpful bc at the end of the day we are in diff. stages of getting ready to leave and sometimes I am in the middle of bottle feedings or diaper changes. It doesn't take me long at all to do them as I feel them out all through out the day sometimes right as they are getting picked up. Mine let them know what type of day they've had down to what things they played with or enjoyed. If we went out side that day if weather permitted. Nap time schedule and also I have an area for whether they are potty training or in diapers telling them how many and if the poopy ones where normal. I even have a section that gives comments that I wld none like accidents or if a time out was given and why I gave it also what we talked about after the time out was given. I just find them really helpful bc I want the parents just as much involved in our day as the children...it makes the parents feel like they where there to.
MissK 09:03 AM 01-25-2012
When I was doing daycare a couple years ago this is something that I did. As someone else mentioned I had it so I basically just circled things and wrote in times. It didn't take very long at all and I just left them out on the counter all day long and filled them out throughout the day.
I had 2 different 'forms'. One was for babies that had a place to put diaper changes, what/when/how much they ate and also notes for the parents or notes about their day. My other 'form' was more of less for those that were potty trained - so nothing about bathroom times there, it was just breakfast, lunch, snack (I wrote in what they had each day) and then a little open space for notes where I could put how their mood was today or if we did something special or if they needed to bring something to daycare soon.
This is something that the parents really appreciated and since moving back to my small hometown (where I'm going to be opening a daycare again after we move into our new home ) the daycares I have been to do not do this. I think it'll be a nice little extra for me to do for my dcf. I believe I still have a copy of what I used on my computer at home if you would like me to send you a copy let me know!
BigMama 09:45 AM 01-25-2012
I do this but only for my 2 year old's and younger. I make the forms myself. They are very simple. They read:
Name:
Date:
I enjoyed: (here I put a sentence or two about what we did that day or list what activities the child especially enjoyed)
I ate:
I slept:
Diaper log:

I write each diaper down as it happens and I fill out the rest at nap time. It isn't too time consuming and new parents seem to really appreciate the notes.
momma2girls 09:57 AM 01-25-2012
I used to write down the things all day long for 2 and under. I am so GLAD that I quit doing this about 7 yrs. ago. What a waste of paper, most of them weren't even looking at them, stuffed in thier diaper bags, day to day.
I always tell everyone at interview, if there is anything I need to tell them, I tell them on the way out. Anything unusual, not feeling well, I tell them if their child pooped, etc. Now this is for 1 and under for pooping- it goes very well,, I have never had anyone complain ever about it!!
Tags:daily reports
Reply Up