Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>KidKare-UGH!
Leigh 01:05 PM 12-05-2017
On the phone waiting for KidKare support. Approximate wait time? 25 minutes! 41 people ahead of me.

When are these people going to get their crap together? Either my in/out times get erased or the app changes my in/out to just "overnight". Their phone message tells me to submit a ticket. I do that every month. Anyone want to guess if they have ever responded?

Do any of you happen to know a secret to getting the in/out times to stay put when I enter them?

BTW, in case anyone wants to call them for support (since they don't respond to tickets for me), the number is (972) 671-5211.

My expected wait time is now 52 minutes (up 27 from the time I started typing this). God help me, I am going to lose my mind today.
Cat Herder 01:14 PM 12-05-2017
Sorry!!!

I have begun entering stuff monthly then printing it off immediately for my accountant. If I bother doing it daily I get too annoyed when stuff disappears.

Autopay has been working normally since the crash, though.
AmyKidsCo 08:41 PM 12-05-2017
I had glitches earlier this week (late last week?) but everything works OK for me now.

I'm sorry it's not working for you, and don't understand how the same program can work for some people but not others.
Cat Herder 04:48 AM 12-06-2017
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
I had glitches earlier this week (late last week?) but everything works OK for me now.

I'm sorry it's not working for you, and don't understand how the same program can work for some people but not others.
I had to switch from Mozilla to Chrome. It still only fully loads one screen out of every 4 refreshes, but better. I love a blank white screen in the morning.
Leigh 06:38 AM 12-06-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I had to switch from Mozilla to Chrome. It still only fully loads one screen out of every 4 refreshes, but better. I love a blank white screen in the morning.
I have always used Chrome, but our sponsor has reminded us several times that the app/program was built to run on Chrome, and that we really need to use it with KK.
Blackcat31 06:44 AM 12-06-2017
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I have always used Chrome, but our sponsor has reminded us several times that the app/program was built to run on Chrome, and that we really need to use it with KK.
This is weird... mine works best in Microsoft Edge and gets all glitchy when I use Chrome.

I keep paper records all month long and then enter at the end of the month (when I find a good day where there are no glitches happening) and submit. Otherwise, I try hard to just stay away from it. I've heard way too many horror stories about KidKare to want to use it.
BumbleBee 06:49 AM 12-06-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
This is weird... mine works best in Microsoft Edge and gets all glitchy when I use Chrome.
Ditto!
284878 07:11 AM 12-06-2017
So I had trouble last week getting one of my dck times to record. I had to do it 3x before it stuck. I emailed my fp rep to let her know my current issue. She told me that I the providers that use Chrome were not having issues. I responded with, I am using Chrome!

Monday, the same thing, it took me 10 minutes to get the program to record in out times for 2 dck out of 2 that were here on Monday.
Annalee 07:19 AM 12-06-2017
I was using Firefox but have switched to EDGE as well. Works much better. Firefox has gotten crazy on all sites for me. I only use KidKare for food program though so I generally don't have any issues.
Blackcat31 07:23 AM 12-06-2017
I found this .pdf
Looks like it has some fixes for minor issues but thought it might be useful so I wanted to post it.

https://www.lsfnet.org/wp-content/up...lp-English.pdf
284878 07:56 AM 12-06-2017

I keep paper records all month long and then enter at the end of the month (when I find a good day where there are no glitches happening) and submit. Otherwise, I try hard to just stay away from it. I've heard way too many horror stories about KidKare to want to use it.
I was told that KK was made to be compatible with any browser including any Mac compatible browsers, were MM was only usable with Internet Explorer. (MM was so outdated that it would not even work Microsoft Edge.)
Cat Herder 08:17 AM 12-06-2017
Originally Posted by 284878:
I was told that KK was made to be compatible with any browser including any Mac compatible browsers, were MM was only usable with Internet Explorer. (MM was so outdated that it would not even work Microsoft Edge.)
That's weird, too. I have only used firefox with MMK since I started with.

I will download edge and give it a try, too. Anything critical I should know before before I have firefox, chrome and edge at the same time? Bad idea?
Blackcat31 09:38 AM 12-06-2017

I will download edge and give it a try, too. Anything critical I should know before before I have firefox, chrome and edge at the same time? Bad idea?
I have them all. I've never had an issue.

I keep Edge and Chrome open at the same times... I use the others when necessary.

I think Edge is nice because it functions much like a smart phone/tablet and has apps verses programs.

I use it simply because my laptop has a touch screen and Edge works good that way.
Cat Herder 09:46 AM 12-06-2017
I have them all. I've never had an issue.

I keep Edge and Chrome open at the same times... I use the others when necessary.

I think Edge is nice because it functions much like a smart phone/tablet and has apps verses programs.

I use it simply because my laptop has a touch screen and Edge works good that way.
Good to know! Thanks! I will be starting with a chrome book for the online portion of the DCK's morning preschool lessons. I can't keep going though so many mouses and I need my desk back.
Leigh 10:25 AM 12-06-2017

I do the same that you do, entering all at the end of the month. This month, though, I didn't get started until yesterday, and with all the issues, I finally gave up and decided that my sanity and getting some sleep were worth more than one month's worth of reimbursement, so I submitted only a few days' worth.

I will try Edge and see if that works better for me!

BTW, when I finally spoke to someone on the phone, they said that they had NEVER heard of this issue before (lots are having the same problem). I told them that I informed them of the issue in September AND October, but never received a response. So, they said they would try to get someone to take care of my open tickets and fix the issue.
AmyKidsCo 11:49 AM 12-06-2017
I use Safari and every so often there's a message that says basically "We noticed you're using Safari. You may have issues and should switch to Chrome." I just ignore it and haven't had any major issues for a while.
284878 12:45 PM 12-06-2017
I do the same that you do, entering all at the end of the month. This month, though, I didn't get started until yesterday, and with all the issues, I finally gave up and decided that my sanity and getting some sleep were worth more than one month's worth of reimbursement, so I submitted only a few days' worth.

I will try Edge and see if that works better for me!

BTW, when I finally spoke to someone on the phone, they said that they had NEVER heard of this issue before (lots are having the same problem). I told them that I informed them of the issue in September AND October, but never received a response. So, they said they would try to get someone to take care of my open tickets and fix the issue.
My guess is that there ticket submission system has issues that need to be fixed too.
284878 04:23 AM 12-07-2017

If you have Windows than you should already have Microsoft Edge, unless you have a really old computer like Vista or xp version. Then you should have Internet Explorer. Most likely if you have an older computer Edge won't be compatible.
If you have a Mac, then I am not sure that Edge will work on your computer unless Microsoft offers a Mac download.
Cat Herder 05:19 AM 12-07-2017
Originally Posted by 284878:
If you have Windows than you should already have Microsoft Edge, unless you have a really old computer like Vista or xp version. Then you should have Internet Explorer. Most likely if you have an older computer Edge won't be compatible.
If you have a Mac, then I am not sure that Edge will work on your computer unless Microsoft offers a Mac download.
You are right, Thank you! I never noticed it because it was not on my desktop. I dragged it up. Me and tech barely cohabitate. Thank you.

There is a tab for Cortana, too. No idea what that is. Off to check.
Blackcat31 07:00 AM 12-07-2017

There is a tab for Cortana, too. No idea what that is. Off to check.
That is Microsoft's version of Siri

Your digital assistant

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ows-10-what-is
Leigh 08:39 AM 12-07-2017
My sponsor called this morning. She is, at a minimum, as frustrated as I am with KK. She says that she has spent many hours on the phone with them trying to help individual providers and has never seen success with anything. She is completely disgusted with them releasing a product that obviously wasn't ready for use-entire month's of claims disappearing, times changing on their own, people being unable to log in/stay logged in, and more.

Her recommendation was to clear history and cookies before trying to use KK, she said that a couple of providers told her that this solved their issues. She asked me to report back to her with anything else that I hear that might work (I did tell her about Edge). I feel sorry for this poor woman-she spends all day listening to us complain about something that she is just as upset with.
Tags:kidkare
Reply Up