Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:19 PM
Child Care Provider

Smile Naming Your Business

How did you come up with a business name? Did you create a logo?
Old 08-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Daycare Member

I have a friend that came up with our name and then my husband's cousin's husband (I guess he's my cousin now?) had just graduated with his degree in graphic design and he created our logo!
Old 08-05-2010, 07:03 PM
Daycare.com Member

My mom came up with my name: Green Gate Preschool. My brother who is a graphic artist and his company designed my logo pro bono. I LOVE it!!

Logo.jpg
Old 08-05-2010, 07:03 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I don't have a logo, but my daycare name is Greta's Little Friends Daycare and my first name is Greta... I had a hard time coming up with something, but then I remembered my son's daycare name was Lets Be Friends Daycare, and it came to me.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:42 PM
Child Care Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalkat View Post
My mom came up with my name: Green Gate Preschool. My brother who is a graphic artist and his company designed my logo pro bono. I LOVE it!!

Attachment 59
Do you have a green gate?
Old 08-06-2010, 05:28 AM
Daycare Member

I forgot to put that my avatar is part of our logo. If you go to our website you'll see the rest of it.

http://aplacetogrowchildcare.wordpress.com
Old 08-06-2010, 06:41 AM

A childminder is what childcare providers are called in Britain and while I was waiting(not so patiently) for licensing to come through I researched and brainstormed for a name. My logo was something I drew (I'm an artist, used to teach). Pretty juvenile, I know, but it is basic, easy to understand, easily transferable and the kids love it.Logoxx copy.jpg
Old 08-06-2010, 07:25 AM
Daycare.com Member

I don't have a logo just a name Julie's Jungle Gym
Old 08-06-2010, 08:40 AM

Mine is Sweet Pea Daycare. We called my son Sweet Pea as a baby and it was so cute, I just decided to use it for work as well. I designed my logo bc I do minor graphic design for fun.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:45 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Help with Names??

My question is if I designed a name and I am only having a home day care center, then do i have to license it. I am just wanting something to post on my Business Cards and Signs...... Also has anyone made decals for their cars??? HELP
Old 08-06-2010, 06:11 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
Do you have a green gate?
I used to. But our new house doesnt have one. I need to paint our gate green. LOL!
Old 08-07-2010, 12:36 AM
Unregistered-

Think of things you would want children to be or aspire to be(Creative Kids) , or names you would call them(Tiny Tots) or what you business represents!(Stay n' play,Kiddie Kollege, Kindercare)
Old 08-07-2010, 01:24 AM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

designoutpost.com did most of our logos at a cost of about $200 each. You get 10 to 20 designers from around the world that give you graphic ideas from your description. You keep tweeking their different logos until you pick one. Take a look at the quality of our brands here (you have to go down the page):

http://www.ccin.com/about.html
Old 08-07-2010, 05:37 AM
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer

I don't have a logo but I will talk Judy into making me one sometime in 2010. She hasn't complied yet but she will.

I just use the advertising signs that I had done for a print magazine and the one I made at vistaprint for my yard sign now.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:14 AM

i live on top of a mountain, so we became "mountaintop family daycare".

i did my own logo with clipart. it is a cartoon smiley face sun in between cartoon pine trees.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:55 PM
Daycare.com Member

I have a friend who does graphic design's so I had her make me up a letterhead that I use on the top of every form, add, ect...

My daycare is called Little Bite's
Old 08-07-2010, 09:57 PM
Child Care Provider

Smile My Business Name/Card Idea....

I still have not decided how to create a picture/logo. I want to create business cards once I move and have made my final decision on a name. I don't feel like answering my telephone saying "Abigail's Angels" or anything like that. My sister recommended I use ABC Playhouse and I like it.

I want to create the letters A B and C somewhere and write Playhouse as if it is on a road, but like a child's handwriting with the center of the road being the center of the writing space....get what I'm saying? The only problem is that roads are usually on the bottom of the page (business card) and I don't want my name at the bottom. I could draw a house and have the A B C be part of it somehow and have it on the upper left corner and then the road from the house say Playhouse across the top.....what do you think?

I wish I had artistic abilities!
Old 08-07-2010, 10:09 PM

don't take it the wrong way - it's just MY opinion....but i don't think ABC playhouse stands out too much.

i like "playhouse" though. what about abigail's *******?

just a suggestion.

Last edited by Michael; 09-09-2011 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:12 PM
Child Care Provider

ABC are my initials.....until I get married in two months.

We also have three cats: Peanut, Oliver, and Max....I was even considering "Peanut's Playhouse"
Old 08-08-2010, 04:13 PM
Child Care Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by QualiTcare View Post
don't take it the wrong way - it's just MY opinion....but i don't think ABC playhouse stands out too much.

i like "playhouse" though.
just a suggestion.
LOL, my first name will not change. I would still be at the top of the daycare listings list too!

Last edited by Michael; 06-11-2012 at 12:02 AM.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:25 PM
judytrickett

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannyde View Post
I don't have a logo but I will talk Judy into making me one sometime in 2010. She hasn't complied yet but she will.

I just use the advertising signs that I had done for a print magazine and the one I made at vistaprint for my yard sign now.
You're funny!!!

I'm gonna quit actual daycare and just be a daycare consultant!
Old 08-09-2010, 10:30 AM
Janet

Default Coming up with a name was kinda tough!

I am registered with my county as "All About Kids" and my business account is set up using that name, but I never use the business name. Now I kind of hate it but I'm too lazy to come up with a new one.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Daycare.com Member

I'm lil sprouts daycare!!! I have what looks like tiny green little sprouts growing in front of a house!!!
Black Bull Ranch designed it and then I ordered my advertisment stuff from them!!
Old 01-25-2011, 06:48 PM
Licensed Provider

Abigail's ****** sounds the best to me because when you list it in the phone book it will be one of the first ones that parents see!! Peanuts playhouse.....if parents are a little hard of hearing it miiiiiiight sound like something else.....lol

Has anyone her Trademarked their name??????? Just curious

Last edited by Michael; 09-09-2011 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:00 PM
Where Children Grow

Mine is called Kid E Garden, hence why I'm KEG.... DBF and I thought of it one day, as we both love nature and gardening and want to incorporate that into our curriculum once spring hits.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:04 PM
Daycare.com Member

I originally went with Laugh 'N Learn Daycare but then my cousin found that there was another daycare with the same name in the same state. So I changed it to Mama Dani's Child Care. At that time I only had 1 dck. My friends and dck (friend's child) call me Dani. My kids call me mama so I just combined the two. I don't have a logo. For business cards and my yard sign, I just used what Vista Print offers for free...kids and ABC building blocks.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:41 PM
Daycare.com Member

Mine is Diapers to Diplomas Daycare...because I currently only accept littles, and i'll be expanding to preschool by the time my little are preschool age
Old 01-25-2011, 07:56 PM
Child Care Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstein View Post
Abigail's ******* sounds the best to me becuase when you list it in the phone book it will be one of the first ones that parents see!! Peanuts playhouse.....if parents are a little hard of hearing it miiiiiiight sound like something else.....lol

Has anyone her Trademarked their name??????? Just curious
My cat's name is Peanut and I've slipped up a few times calling her *****, so I was afraid of that happening. Not of the parents calling it that, but of me answering the phone saying that! I like Abigail's ******* because my name is Abigail and it's MY house that children Play to learn and grow in. I'm still trying to figure out a design or image to stick with my name too. I found out today it only costs $25 to list my daycare with the Secretary of State for 5 years...that's only $5/year to own my own business name, wow! I'm also trying to think of a motto that other daycares don't have just to keep it unique....maybe something with the words 'play' and 'children' in it. If you have any ideas, please share.

Last edited by Michael; 09-09-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:00 AM
Daycare.com Member

I'm Sprouting Seeds Child Care and my logo is a little seedling/sprout. I like it because I went with a tree/garden/outdoor themed daycare space and I love to garden (and hope to get the kids in on it-even bought a little greenhouse). I registered it with the Secretary of State, too and reserved my website domain: sproutingseedschildcare.com. It was all very inexpensive-$25 to register the name and free to do the domain with a one year paid website hosting at $13.95/month. The logo was free clipart from Microsoft Word, but I'd like to have my brother tweak it a little some day. At least in MN, I had to register my business name with the state in order to open a business account with that name. I don't know if that is true everywhere or not.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:04 AM
Daycare.com Member

Mine is Sugarbabies home daycare....and my son actually came up with it years ago (when starting out) because I always call babies "Sugar" ....then my nick name eventually became Sugarmama lol

Tags
business, cards, daycare, logo