Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Potty Training
littlemisssunshine 02:46 PM 04-03-2012
just curious if any of you charge more for these services? i have parents just bringing me potties and pull ups without telling me anything... LOL
Mary Poppins 03:06 PM 04-03-2012
Since it is part of raising little people and benefits me by getting them out of diapers, no I don't charge extra. I do wish I could outsource that part of the dc deal to some guy in (insert country here) though.
momma2girls 03:45 PM 04-03-2012
I only start potty training when child is ready This means understands the concept of it, and knows what potty means. I have this written in my contract. I had one family want to start potty training a little boy at 17 months- ughh!!! That is when I added it in my contract. I told the family, when he is ready and understands it, I will start with it here. They wanted me to do it all!!!! It was not til age 3, when he was ready to even start it here.
MarinaVanessa 03:51 PM 04-03-2012
I don't charge extra either but I do it my way ... sort of. For example I'll use whatever incentive system they want me to and use whatever terminology that they want me to but I don't use "potties". I use a step stool and a child seat that goes over the toilet. I just don't want to have to clean it afterwards and unless the parent wants to bring me several potties for each time the child goes potty in one then they're going to come to DC and pour out and clean a VERY full potty chair here at DC.
SunshineMama 04:33 AM 04-04-2012
I am potty training 3 kids right now. There is NO WAY I would use a little potty. I have a potty seat that fits over the big potty.
Countrygal 08:17 AM 04-04-2012
I think the potty seat on the big potty is the best way to go!
Christian Mother 12:41 PM 04-04-2012
I have 2 potty seats and also a seat that goes over the big potty seat. The kids have all just taken to sitting on the potty backwards...lol!! They just climb up with my help and pee while watching..the girls sit right with me helping them up. I have a foot stool but I rather be in there assisting. I make sure those hands get cleaned lol!! Now they all go in there by them selves and sit right now, ashually one can stand and pee all by him self. He just turned 3 yrs old. I stand at the door way and make sure they don't forget to flush and wash hands...then I go in with my disinfectant wipes and wipe down the toilet.

I prefer to do all the training to be honest. I like the parents to take a weekend and introduce it but it hasn't always been like that. I always ask how the weekend went with training and I get some parents telling me that they weren't able to get to it or they've found it hard. I never have that bc I keep to a schedule with the training and they know to trust and expect the process. It's a safe place for them to train and know that they will be successful here with it.

I would like to start charging for it though bc we do end up fully potty training these kids. I think parents just get so scared of the process. It's not as time consuming to me and I feel like it's easier and faster when they are potty trained.
Tags:potty training
Reply Up