Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Application License Fees in MN
Max 07:34 AM 11-01-2016
BlackCat maybe you can help me with this one...

The link on DC.com says there is a $550 application fee and an annual $400 fee (for programs with a licensed capacity of 1-24). I thought another thread BC mentioned there are no fees for our state (MN).

Reading the statute itself only confused me more - there is verbiage indicating otherwise: "Subd. 2.County fees for background studies and licensing inspections. (a) For purposes of family and group family child care licensing under this chapter, a county agency may charge a fee to an applicant or license holder to recover the actual cost of background studies, but in any case not to exceed $100 annually. A county agency may also charge a license fee to an applicant or license holder not to exceed $50 for a one-year license or $100 for a two-year license."

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=245A.10

Can anyone clear this up for me? I know there are other resources to reach out to but... this forum is so much more convenient

Thank you!
Blackcat31 07:41 AM 11-01-2016
Originally Posted by Max:
BlackCat maybe you can help me with this one...

The link on DC.com says there is a $550 application fee and an annual $400 fee (for programs with a licensed capacity of 1-24). I thought another thread BC mentioned there are no fees for our state (MN).

Reading the statute itself only confused me more - there is verbiage indicating otherwise: "Subd. 2.County fees for background studies and licensing inspections. (a) For purposes of family and group family child care licensing under this chapter, a county agency may charge a fee to an applicant or license holder to recover the actual cost of background studies, but in any case not to exceed $100 annually. A county agency may also charge a license fee to an applicant or license holder not to exceed $50 for a one-year license or $100 for a two-year license."

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=245A.10

Can anyone clear this up for me? I know there are other resources to reach out to but... this forum is so much more convenient

Thank you!
Every county is different.

I've heard some counties pay a $200 licensing fee and others that don't pay anything. Same with back ground checks. Some counties charge for the background checks and some don't.

I re-licensed last April (2016) and for the first time had to pay a $50 re-licensing fee. Prior to that, I never paid a dime for anything. Including the initial licensing.
Max 07:50 AM 11-01-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Every county is different.

I've heard some counties pay a $200 licensing fee and others that don't pay anything. Same with back ground checks. Some counties charge for the background checks and some don't.

I re-licensed last April (2016) and for the first time had to pay a $50 re-licensing fee. Prior to that, I never paid a dime for anything. Including the initial licensing.
Ok, that helps a lot to at least narrow it down!

Do you happen to know if there's an online tool to find out what it would be?

Otherwise, I have the contact info for my county's licensing dept. Just trying to limit how much I bother them if possible I ask a lot of questions
Blackcat31 07:53 AM 11-01-2016
Originally Posted by Max:
Ok, that helps a lot to at least narrow it down!

Do you happen to know if there's an online tool to find out what it would be?

Otherwise, I have the contact info for my county's licensing dept. Just trying to limit how much I bother them if possible I ask a lot of questions
I searched and all I could find was the contact info to your county licensing department.

So you would probably have to call or e-mail to find out for sure.
Claraskids 08:28 PM 11-01-2016
I know we are not in the same county but thought I would let you know what it cost me in here in Chisago County (north of the Twin Cities). My initial licensing fee was $150 - that included the background check. My renewal for the two year license was $200. If I remember correctly, those amounts haven't changed in at least ten years.
MunchkinWrangler 10:19 PM 11-01-2016
In Hennepin my initial licensing fee was $150 and the same amount for renewal for a two year license. You can check your county website and it should have the details. Your orientation will also go over the cost for your county.
Tags:applications, license fees, minnesota
Reply Up