Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Planning a Waldorf Playschool
CityGarden 06:49 PM 03-20-2016
Hi All - I am new to the forum and an opening a home based Waldorf inspired playschool this summer in Southern California. I have some questions I would appreciate insight on.
  1. For those who offer alternative learning methods (i.e. Montessori, Reggio, Waldorf, etc.) do you find your hours or rates are different due to that? In example most Waldorf/Montessori Preschools in my area are half day or school day hours 8:00-3:00pm or so.... what do you offer and what do you find parents want in terms of hours? I am debating offering 9am - 5pm, 8:30 - 4:30pm like some of the home based providers in my area or offering something more like 8:30-3:30pm and then hourly additional hours from there...
  2. Do you 100% do Montessori / Waldorf / Playbased if that is what you initially planned or a percentage of it time wise? (It can be costly to use 100% Waldorf or Montessori toys, art supplies, etc.)
  3. How do you balance the various Food Program requirements? My daughter's experience at Waldorf was wonderful in terms of food options but they NEVER served the toddlers and preschoolers milk only water and never so many grains ---- lots of fruits, veggies and proteins though. Anyone just opt out or is that a HUGE loss in $$$ and resources?
  4. I am also considering applying for certification as a Waldorf Nursery School but worry if parents would be feel uncertain by some aspects of Waldorf, have you experienced this?

Thanks in advance for any insight!!
Tags:montessori, montessori learning, play based daycare, reggio emilia, waldorf method, waldorf school
Up