Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>ahhh! i dont know what to do! school ager care update
cheerfuldom 06:25 AM 05-01-2012
I have a parent with two young kids needing before and after school care. It is very minimal though she will be paying a decent rate. Basically all I am doing is walking the kids to and from the bus stop because she leaves for work right before they leave and comes home right after they come home. I think the total time I would have them in care is like an hour. So, pretty cushy job from the sounds of it. BUT she needs me to provide care for when summer school is not in session (and I am assuming school breaks and such). I really dont care to do this but I guess I wouldnt mind, depending on the kids behavior. Do you think I should just say no? Or try and then decide?

I also have another mom needing similar for her two young school agers but in this case, I know the kids already and they are great kids, always respectful whenever I see them. I wouldnt mind them being here all day on occasion. Would it be weird to offer to the one family but not to the other regarding full day care?
familyschoolcare 06:59 AM 05-01-2012
I require a "playdate" for all DCK in the secound grade or above. It must be atleast an hour of free time snack and homework does not count. While the

parents are thier I still get an idea of how the child will act with my rules ect. Had one parent deciede not to even enroll because she thought the idea of a

pre-enrollment playdate was silly, she whanted me to start the contract process before even meeting her child.
lilcupcakes09 07:07 AM 05-01-2012
Are you able to take them all? If not, take the ones you feel comfortable with...I also have a little girl that lives on my street, she is here from 730-845 because mom has to work, then I walk her home from the bus to meet her middle school age sister, some days she comes over to play with the others, but I have no problems with her, very sewwt little girl. Even though she is only here in the am, I still charge full price and mom is willing to pay it. I wouldn't think of replacing her with another child, I don't feel stressed watching her and love it.
itlw8 07:53 AM 05-01-2012
to me the problem is she want to know you will ALWAYS have a full day spot when ever she needs it. but then you can not fill it will a full day child.

IF I have an opening in the summer or school holidays I will take a school age child but I will not hold it. unless you pay the f/t rate
cheerfuldom 08:44 AM 05-01-2012
the problem is not that I wont have the spots....if I start doing school agers, that is all I will be doing and no one will be here during the day anyway but my own kids. the issue is that I dont know if I am up for school agers here all day. I dont know her kids and dont know if i can keep them busy and happy all day long.....I have been taking care of babies thru preschool age for five years!
Reply Up