Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Special Event? Opinions Needed! THANK YOU!
lflick 06:50 AM 05-21-2013
Good morning all!

I have yet another question... more seeking your opinions.... I generally charge $25 a day for M-F care up to ten hours... well our town hosts a multi million dollar country music festival in July. It lasts 9 days, with the majority of the event being on a H-Sun. I live right by this festival and am to be offering care for that weekend, to make some extra income. What I am seeking are opinions as to what to charge for this?

Thank you in advance!
LaLa1923 06:52 AM 05-21-2013
Originally Posted by lflick:
Good morning all!

I have yet another question... more seeking your opinions.... I generally charge $25 a day for M-F care up to ten hours... well our town hosts a multi million dollar country music festival in July. It lasts 9 days, with the majority of the event being on a H-Sun. I live right by this festival and am to be offering care for that weekend, to make some extra income. What I am seeking are opinions as to what to charge for this?

Thank you in advance!
It really would depend on the rates in your area. On weekends I charge $10 more per day. My daily rate is higher than my weekly rate. (Higher daily if you break it down)
lflick 06:56 AM 05-21-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
It really would depend on the rates in your area. On weekends I charge $10 more per day. My daily rate is higher than my weekly rate. (Higher daily if you break it down)
Many home care places charge 25 a day for monday - friday. It's rare to find anyone offering for the weekends. I am just trying to figure what would be acceptable for this special event. I typically do not do overnite or weekend care so this would be just for this event.
littlemissmuffet 07:17 AM 05-21-2013
I would charge $10/hour (up to 4 hours); $50/day (8am-10pm); $75/overnight (8am-8am).
lflick 07:53 AM 05-21-2013
So say a parent requests Thursday at 5pm to Monday 9am.
NeedaVaca 07:59 AM 05-21-2013
I do not provide daycare on weekends so if I did something like this I would charge a babysitting rate which in my area is around $10 per hour.
littlemissmuffet 08:01 AM 05-21-2013
I guess it depends - you're trying to make some extra income, but at the same time, this will be alot of work if a parent actually takes you up on it so you want to make sure it's actually worth it in the end. I would charge $300 for the entire period.
Loveyoustinkyface 08:02 AM 05-21-2013

That is 4 nights and 3 days (88 hours)....I would charge $275-$350.
Leigh 08:10 AM 05-21-2013
Good morning all!

Thank you in advance!
I wouldn't charge less than $50 for an evening out. I charge $100 a day for overnight care.
lflick 08:12 AM 05-21-2013
Thank you all very much for taking the time to offer input! I have been racking my brain for a while and the figure I came up with for that time period was $300 per child but I was like omg that seems like a lot... but I suppose, as a parent, you pay to play!
littlemissmuffet 08:17 AM 05-21-2013
$300 is nothing. For a babysitter in my area, parents would be looking at over a thousand dollars!!
lflick 08:18 AM 05-21-2013
Holy smokes!!! I am trying to be reasonable yet not sell myself short! I remember when I did this event it was next to impossible to find people as many went to the fest themselves!
MrsSteinel'sHouse 10:20 AM 05-21-2013
Ar you licensed? Can you do this? Here you have to have a minimum off hours I believe of 6.
lflick 10:43 AM 05-21-2013
Originally Posted by MrsSteinel'sHouse:
Ar you licensed? Can you do this? Here you have to have a minimum off hours I believe of 6.
I am not however due the way our licensing requirements are written the rules apply if you are offering care for less then 24 hrs a day. I have spoken with other centers, a good friend of mine owns a 4 star, and she helped me with the interpretation. I am planning on seeking my own certification in the future so I didn't want to proceed if it would possibly put that in jeopardy. Just covering my bases type of thing. This type of offering is more along the lines of babysitting.
cheerfuldom 10:57 AM 05-21-2013
I would do $50.00 per day but not for any kids I didnt already know.
Play Care 11:02 AM 05-21-2013
The one thing I'm wondering is if you would have any takers? I know it seems like a big thing, but most people around here use family for overnight/weekend babysitting.
Reply Up