Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Bare Room
kcnjason 06:48 AM 08-06-2015
We recently took the carpet out of the playroom and put in laminate floors and painted the walls an off white. Now my room looks bare/empty. Will others post pictures of their playroom? or can you give me ideas as to what I should add, please
spedmommy4 07:09 AM 08-06-2015
You can see pictures of mine here under the second post titled classroom expansion.

https://m.facebook.com/milestoneseclc?ref=bookmarks
midaycare 07:24 AM 08-06-2015
On the walls you can put those removable stickers/decals. I have some super cute forest ones. I also have the alphabet and numbers up.

I have sign language cards for the alphabet and basic words, a kid friendly map of the world, hand cutouts of all different skin tones, around the world "cards" showing what a child from each different country looks like (maybe 40 countries), numbers 1-10 written in English and Spanish, a parent information bulletin board, pictures incorporating my forest theme, and the kids artwork that hangs from a center beam.

I have a library with over 1000 books, so that takes up a ton of space. An entire wall. My toys all line the walls in sections. 80% of the toys are out, all the time. It's more cleanup, but not as much as you would think.

I have a multicultural theme throughout. Whatever your theme is, I would carry it throughout your decorating.
Play Care 02:19 PM 08-06-2015
Originally Posted by spedmommy4:
You can see pictures of mine here under the second post titled classroom expansion.

Please come and do my day care room
spedmommy4 07:00 PM 08-06-2015
Originally Posted by Play Care:
Please come and do my day care room
Sure, next time I'm out that way.
Febby 07:10 PM 08-06-2015

Want.

Except I don't think my 23 three year olds would fit in it.
spedmommy4 07:56 PM 08-06-2015
Originally Posted by Febby:
Want.

Except I don't think my 23 three year olds would fit in it.
Probably not. I am licensed for 14. I have two dedicated room for preschool/childcare right now.
mommiebookworm 07:49 PM 08-07-2015
spedmommy4- I love your room! Especially the tree bookshelf.
spedmommy4 10:42 PM 08-07-2015
Originally Posted by mommiebookworm:
spedmommy4- I love your room! Especially the tree bookshelf.
Awe thanks! My 17 year old son made it for us. His favorite class was wood shop and he likes to practice.
Josiegirl 03:19 AM 08-08-2015
Awe thanks! My 17 year old son made it for us. His favorite class was wood shop and he likes to practice.
I need someone like that in my life!!!
Josiegirl 03:21 AM 08-08-2015
OP, what about stenciling? You could look through children's books and find a wonderful quote, stencil it along the walls? I'm thinking either Dr. Seuss, Winne the Pooh, or something like that?

Do you have a kid-safe mirror?
AnythingsPossible 01:18 PM 08-10-2015
Depending on where your room is in your house, you may want to consider adding items that will absorb sound! Drapes, throw rugs, pillows, that sort of thing. We have a lower level room in our house, not a full basement, but partial underground and we removed the carpet and put in vinyl waterproof flooring, it is SO loud in the room now. We rarely spend time in the room anymore, other then nap and it used to be our main play room, but i can't handle the noise!
Tags:room ideas
Reply Up