Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Fun Project Today!
sahm2three 09:09 AM 09-20-2011
Even though I am in a poopy mood because of rude DC parents, the kids and I are going to have fun! Today we are making "pet rocks". We went on a nature walk yesterday, and I instructed each child to pick up a rock to take home. When we got home we talked about size, texture, whether it was heavy or light, what color it was, etc. Today, we are going to transform our ordinary rock into our very own pet complete with eyes, nose ears, and mouth. We are also going to name them! Should be fun! Our book this afternoon is My Pet Rock. Fun day!
littlemommy 09:12 AM 09-20-2011
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
Even though I am in a poopy mood because of rude dcparents, the kids and I are going to have fun! Today we are making "pet rocks". We went on a nature walk yesterday, and I instructed each child to pick up a rock to take home. When we got home we talked about size, texture, whether it was heavy or light, what color it was, etc. Today, we are going to transform our ordinary rock into our very own pet complete with eyes, nose ears, and mouth. We are also going to name them! Should be fun! Our book this afternoon is My Pet Rock. Fun day!
I think I'm going to steal your idea. Sounds like fun!!
SilverSabre25 10:03 AM 09-20-2011
Oh how fun! We did marble painting today, but it turned into finger painting and then brush painting...meh, whatever. My paint was too gloppy anyway to make marble painting a success. We'll try again a different day.

Now if only to get dcb2 to understand that he doesn't have to wash his hands after every tiny little mark on the paper...oy.
Tags:fun, projects, projects - pet rock
Reply Up