Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>IL Group Home Providers
AmyL 01:09 PM 06-06-2013
I am a group provider and I am happy to say that I with the help of my local state rep., Mike Tryon, we have FINALLY convinced DCFS to allow school-age children of our own (provider's own) to be included in the extended capacity rather than the daytime capacity. =) This is a huge financial advantage to those of us who are already employing staff in a group daycare home.
For me, this means that the 3 children I have but are in school for 8 hours a day, no longer count against my capacity or income during the day, only before and after school. Hooray! Of course it will take up to 8 months before this goes into effect but it's happening.
LK5kids 06:25 AM 06-07-2013
Hooray! Gosh when I did FCC in Iowa when my kids were little they didn't count in any way or form after they were in school full days....which was kindergarten. That would have been a real hardship!

It does not make sense to include school age kids in day time numbers...I know kids get sick, off for the summer, holidays, etc. my kids didn't count all summer either.

Again, yay!!!
Unregistered 08:58 AM 06-07-2013
I am in Illinois too and this is great news! Unfortunatly a little too late for me, since my kids are grown and in college now!

This has always been a huge issue in question with providers. Awesome accomplishment!
Way to Illinois!
Reply Up