Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Halloween Costumes for Teachers
Lissa Kristine 07:47 AM 10-21-2017
I am currently in transition from one daycare center to another. My last official day available to work at the first center is on Halloween, but I may not be there after this upcoming Friday. Currently, I am working from 8am to 12pm at the new job and from 12:30pm to 6pm at the old one (by November 1 at the latest, I'll be working 8-5 at the new job).

I am struggling with ideas for dressing up for the various Halloween festivities at both jobs (I'm trying to veer away from my usual black cat costume).

Job 1 (which I may or may not be in): Is a "Montessori" school with children ages 2.5 to 5.

Job 2: Is a smaller daycare with just under 20 children. About half of the children are under the age of 2, and there are several under the age of 1 and/or not yet walking.

So, I'm trying to find some ideas for a costume that will be easy/comfortable to move around with while caring for infants, but will also be something fun for the older kids.

Oh and the weather lately has been bipolar, so I don't know if I should prepare for cold weather or warm.

Any ideas? (Bonus points if the bulk of the costume can be normal clothes or even pajamas or sweats that I can wear year-round instead of just once a year).
Jupadia 03:01 PM 10-21-2017
Last year I went and bought a Rey (star wars) costume. I love it cause it's has pants vault in rather then a skirt so it makes it a lot easier to move around in with the Dks kids. But it a nice costume that my boys love when I take them out trick or treating.
Unregistered 06:03 PM 10-21-2017
Go as a baby. Lightweight footy pajamas, carry a teddy bear and maybe a larger (dog size pacifier).

Comfy and easy.
flying_babyb 06:10 PM 10-21-2017
witch, simple. add a wart or two, wear all black and a headband hat (they make them for large dogs...)

troll- cute dress, pull up alll your hair
Lissa Kristine 06:25 PM 10-21-2017
Thanks.

So, I've actually decided to go as a Caticorn. White pants and a white top (if I go with sweats, I'll probably tie-dye both afterwards and wear a white long-sleeved shirt underneath in case I get hot). I bought a gold unicorn horn and white cat ears, and I found some instructions to make a rainbow tail out of tulle. Then, I'll keep this with me throughout the day:

It combines my love for cats as well as a childhood love of Lisa Frank and Unicorns.
Josiegirl 02:52 AM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by Lissa Kristine:
Thanks.

So, I've actually decided to go as a Caticorn. White pants and a white top (if I go with sweats, I'll probably tie-dye both afterwards and wear a white long-sleeved shirt underneath in case I get hot). I bought a gold unicorn horn and white cat ears, and I found some instructions to make a rainbow tail out of tulle. Then, I'll keep this with me throughout the day:

It combines my love for cats as well as a childhood love of Lisa Frank and Unicorns.
The kids will love it!
My dds also loved Lisa Frank.
hwichlaz 06:39 AM 10-23-2017
I tend to just do a Halloween tee or sweatshirt and leggings because I still get spit up on. I do dress up later for trick or treat though. This year I'll be Litte Red Riding Hood.
Tags:costumes, halloween, halloween costumes
Reply Up