Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Learning Curve Take N Toss
dEHmom 07:41 AM 02-10-2011
What do you guys think of these?

I've always found these to be my favorite sippy's.

1) they are cheap enough that when they chew the spouts, you can chuck them.

2) no valves to crud up

3) the least leakable cups I've ever bought (they only drip from the spout if tipped and shaken)

4) interchangeable lids for different sized cups! You can use little cups for LO's, sippys, and straw ones too now for the older ones!

5) kids can't figure out how to open them! Because you have to squeeze the spout and pull it up.

I just find I hate my 2 & ups using sippy's because they are so babyish. But I hate the open cups. So I really like the newer straw style ones on these cups, and it's all the same sized cups so you can interchange EVERYTHING!
DCMomOf3 07:43 AM 02-10-2011
I do love these, however I love the straw version the best. They are the only straw cups I like, they only leak what is in the straw if they tip, the seal from straw to lid is so tight.
dEHmom 07:48 AM 02-10-2011
I haven't tried the straw ones yet. I've tried other straw sippy cups before but find I don't keep on top of cleanign them out so they crud up.

I just noticed the new straw sippies here at walmart yesterday. I bought some of the smaller cups and mediums again (I chucked mine out long ago) but now with the daycare, I find I'm always cleaning up, even with the kids sippy cups they bring from home. So now I have my own, their crappy ones can stay home, and I won't have to clean up as much spilled milk.

I'm going to the store to get the straw ones later. Like I said I have for my 5 and 6 yo to have to use the sippy's. And even my 3yo is too old. It bothers me as much as it does when I see 3 and 4 yo's or older sucking thumbs, on soothers, or bottles. ugh.
SilverSabre25 07:48 AM 02-10-2011
Love these; they're the only sippies I use now. I also love the interchangeability and the lack of valves--omg I used to get SO TIRED of assembling cups every day. I just wish that they didn't insist on putting two same-colored cups in a package!

I only use sippies with kiddos under 3 though. Once they hit 2.5 or so, we start doing open-top cups sometimes and by the time they turn three I give almost exclusively open-tops--people don't give their kids enough credit with what they are capable of, these days.
dEHmom 07:59 AM 02-10-2011
I know my kids are great with the open tops, my youngest has been using them since 1. But we still deal alot with accidental spills being dogs tails knocking cups over, kids climbing off chairs at table and arm bumping it.

But since I started daycare, I find the really little ones spot cups immediately, head straight for them, and try to drink and spill.

All my cups are meant to stay in kitchen, but at same time, I don't mind them bringing in living room as long as it is in a covered cup.

I agree about the different colors! But if you buy the larger ones, there is at least 3 to 4 colors (yellow, red, orange, blue, green and purple are the colors I have now!) thank goodness they came out with the blue cups!!!!!
Blackcat31 08:10 AM 02-10-2011
My food program gave me the 30 piece starter kit of those cups/lids/bowls when I signed up. They are super nice and it is all I use also. Only my under 2's get sippys and over 2 gets 5 oz Dixie Cups with no lid.
jessrlee 08:12 AM 02-10-2011
I love my take and toss! I even have the 8 & 9yo on the straw cups (They seem to spill more than the littles!) I probably have 50 or so t&t and a big basket of lids. I just cut down disposable straws and they still work really well!
dEHmom 08:15 AM 02-10-2011
Originally Posted by jessrlee:
I love my take and toss! I even have the 8 & 9yo on the straw cups (They seem to spill more than the littles!) I probably have 50 or so t&t and a big basket of lids. I just cut down disposable straws and they still work really well!
I looked at the learning curve website (Our walmart does not sell the extra straws, lids etc) and it's 1.99 for the extra 4 straws. Seems decent, but I wouldn't buy them. I'd just cut down from my millions of straws in the cupboard too.

I always keep the theater cups w/ lids and straw holes, or any restaurant cups that come with, but I find it's so hard for the kids to figure out who's is whos even when I use different colored straws.

The t n t cups are all different colors so its much much easier to say sally you're red, timmy you're blue, tommy you're green and charlie you're purple. And then they learn their colors
Abigail 11:10 PM 02-10-2011
I didn't know they had a website, but I just went to check it out. These are used at our daycare and I really like the basic colors. I try to stay away from character brand items in general and didn't know they made them in more than just colors.

When did they start making the sippy's with a cover for the lid? I have not looked at Walmart recently, but I should because maybe they added them?

We just use the basic colored ones with the lids and it's nice with more than 10 kids who push their drinks to close to another person I have such a variety of colors that I know who is who's. (I match it to the color of shirt they're wearing and give boys pink to keep it fun!) When I run out of the solid matching lid and cup, I start mixing them to still coordinate the colors with the child's shirt. It's something fun to do at lunch.
countrymom 03:20 AM 02-11-2011
I had those and the problem I found was that the cups where good but the lids were not after so much use, I just wanted replacement lids, which you can't just buy. So I went to tupperware (my dcm sells it) I can replace the lids and they are much much sturdy than the http://order.tupperware.ca/pls/htpro...r=P10048897000

I have these ones for the older kids (and mine too) I kid you not, that they can pull the straws out and they DON'T LEAK AT ALL, and you can also just buy lids. I have the little bowls too, heck I have lots of their stuff (my new stuff is the mickey drink cups)

http://order.tupperware.ca/pls/htpro...r=P10047588000

you can just buy the cups (i don't know why its not showing up) but I really recommend them.
dEHmom 07:19 AM 02-11-2011
you can buy replacement lids on the learning curve website. But I'm sure there's gotta be a walmart, or toys r us somewhere that sells the lids and straws...

I went to their website just to check out the lids.

And that's why I really liked the take n toss is because they are cheap enough to just chuck out. no worries about it.
Tags:sippy cup
Reply Up