Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Are State Payments Worth The Hassle MI
Tigerlilly 08:39 AM 02-09-2018
I have not figured out how to set this up and initially I wasn't going to. But it seems like this is the only way most parents are covering daycare here in Michigan. I'm reading and reading and it seems like I huge PITB. Who do I call to get clarification on this?
284878 05:56 PM 02-09-2018
Originally Posted by Tigerlilly:
I have not figured out how to set this up and initially I wasn't going to. But it seems like this is the only way most parents are covering daycare here in Michigan. I'm reading and reading and it seems like I huge PITB. Who do I call to get clarification on this?
I have excepted DHS and I find it less of a pitb now then when I used it for my Foster Kids. They have made it so much more streamlined then it was just three years before.
Anyways it is one of those things that if you didn't deal with it before you may see it as a pain now.
For instance, three years ago, I as the parent and the dcp both had to log in and record hours that the child was in care. The dcp did not get paid until the parent submitted. Now only the dcp records dck attendance and submits. Plus now you have an allowance for days when dck are picked up early or just stay home for the day or holiday.
Meeko 06:37 PM 02-09-2018
Depends on the state. My state is easy and awesome. Payment in advance on the first of each month. As long as the child attends at least 8 hours, you keep the whole months pay even if the child is out sick/vacation etc.
momofsix 06:40 PM 02-09-2018
I'm not sure where you are, but I haven't had state pay in over 10 years. Might depend on what part of the state you're in though. I no longer accept state pay and haven't had anyone ask in years.
Tags:michigan, state assisted payments, subsidy - michigan
Reply Up