Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wwyd!!!!?
ck1997 07:59 AM 10-16-2013
My two year old DCB has never had a haircut. His hair is nappy and long, gets in his eyes all day long. DCM laughs about it repeating every day that he needs a haircut. The latest is a giant dreadlock in the back of his head. Mom jokes that she will probably have to cut it out because DCB will not "let her brush his hair". What would you do?
Blackcat31 08:18 AM 10-16-2013
If his hair is a danger to him in that he cannot see when he is playing etc, then I would use whatever (safe) method of securing it out of his face and letting mom know that his hair will NEED to be secured out of his eyes before drop off.

If he comes with his hair in his eyes, refuse at the door until they remedy the situation.

I am all for people allowing their kids to have long or short hair...I don't care....so long as it isn't a danger to the child on MY watch.

I refuse to accept responsibility for a possible accident due to a parent's unwillingness to maintain the child's hair.
daycarediva 08:36 AM 10-16-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
If his hair is a danger to him in that he cannot see when he is playing etc, then I would use whatever (safe) method of securing it out of his face and letting mom know that his hair will NEED to be secured out of his eyes before drop off.

If he comes with his hair in his eyes, refuse at the door until they remedy the situation.

I am all for people allowing their kids to have long or short hair...I don't care....so long as it isn't a danger to the child on MY watch.

I refuse to accept responsibility for a possible accident due to a parent's unwillingness to maintain the child's hair.

I had an AA dcb like this last year. I ended up telling dcm that he couldn't see and told her that she can either cut it, or put it up. He came with a ponytail after that.

I currently have one dcb with hair longer than all of the girls. Doesn't bother me a bit, Mom keeps it up to come here so it's out of his face.
Tags:hair, long hair, safety issues
Reply Up