Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Another Example Of Why I Stay Off The "Research Shows" Bandwagon
Heidi 04:11 PM 12-19-2013
Interesting video about the crack babies research of the 80's

http://www.upworthy.com/remember-the...-method?c=ufb1
preschoolteacher 06:22 PM 12-19-2013
I was just watching this today! So interesting!
momofsix 06:16 AM 12-20-2013
Yeah, our youngest dd was a crack baby. She was given drugs to ease her withdrawals, but is a pretty "normal" kid! What problems she does have (ADD, depression, slight learning disability) our Dr. says most likely aren't from the crack.
Meeko 07:18 AM 12-20-2013
"Facts" change all the time!

I started childcare many years ago. When I first started, if licensing had shown up and found a baby sleeping on it's back, I would have been in huge trouble. After all, research showed that babies should be placed on the tummies to sleep. Back sleeping was soooooo dangerous.........
Margarete 03:20 PM 12-20-2013
In my unprofessional opinion I think many 'SIDS' cases are undiagnosed medical problems, and have nothing to do with how they are sleeping. I had a friend's baby who had a heart vessel that was too small, and one day wouldn't wake up, and her body temperature dropped (she was fine the day before). They were able to get her to the ER and discover the problem. She winded up having heart surgery at a couple of weeks old, and is now a toddler and doing great, and gets checked periodically to make sure everything is growing as it should. I'm sure if it was smaller or closed off, she would have died in her sleep and it would have been labeled SIDS.
Tags:article, sids
Reply Up