Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Stroller for Gravel
LittleExplorers 10:44 AM 03-07-2018
Anyone live on a gravel road or hike trails with your kids? I am trying to find an all terrain stroller and wish I could test drive them. I am looking for one to last and ok spending some money on it. Thinking Bob or maybe Thule. Anyone have input?
Miss A 11:51 AM 03-07-2018
We live on gravel, and have a Jeep brand Jogger. I am not sure if they are still made, as ours was a hand me down from cousins and is 10 years old. But, it has actual tires on it that do need air and a swivel front wheel that can also lock in place. We absolutely love it.
Ac114 12:35 PM 03-07-2018
I second the Jeep jogger. Bought one for my now 8 year old when he was an infant. It’s lasted all these years and has been through the ringer. By far my favorite stroller.
LittleExplorers 12:54 PM 03-07-2018
I doesn't look like the jeep has a double. I forgot to mention that I wanted a double.
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 02:17 PM 03-07-2018
Don't know of it comes in double, but I have a Baby Trend ranger. It's almost five years old now and us still my go to. It's been through mud, gravel, the creek (not just crossing, actual walks/wading). Currently I am using it in/on pretty deep snow.

It looks similar to the Jeep strollers, but was much cheaper.
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 02:22 PM 03-07-2018
Looks like the Navigator is the double version of mine. ://www.babytrend.com/joggers/double?p=1
BrynleeJean 03:22 PM 03-07-2018
I was going to say anything with fat air tires should be good, just don't get anything with plastic tires that won't work on gravel at all. the fatter tire the better but still depending on how thick your gravel is, like how much you have, it could be hard either way, the tire may sink in it
a "bye bye buggy" brand huge thing had air tires and they are super fat
flying_babyb 06:42 PM 03-07-2018
Depends on the size of bye bye buggy but our 6 seater is a pain to turn. sucks on narrow streets too.
MarinaVanessa 09:18 PM 03-07-2018
I have a Berg Runabout Quad in-line jogger and I love it. I can have all 4 seats filled with kids and can still run with it. I take it on concrete, sand, dirt, gravel etc and it works great. IDK if it's because of the tall wheels or what BUT they are spendy. Mine cost $1,200 when I bought it during a special ... a triple is listed for $1,400 on a "mom" sale right now. The seats come off and can be changed around. The forward wheel is stationary and does not pivot so if you want something with a forward turning wheel this is not for you. It seats kids from infants up to 60 lbs, bike-style brake that has a button lock to keep it in the locked position, additional wheelchair style brake, the handle adjusts, seats recline, can remove seats/put them on easily, airless tires so they don't go flat.

I used to have a triple that I was given for free and it was already almost 10 years old, I used it for a while but needed a fourth seat so I bought the quad about 4 years ago and gave the triple to a friend of mine that also does daycare and she still has it and loves it. This stroller will last forever.
Attached: 27.jpg (482.4 KB) 
MarinaVanessa 09:21 PM 03-07-2018
I have a Berg Runabout Quad in-line jogger and I love it. I can have all 4 seats filled with kids and can still run with it. I take it on concrete, sand, dirt, gravel etc and it works great. IDK if it's because of the tall wheels or what BUT they are spendy. Mine cost $1,200 when I bought it during a special ... a triple is listed for $1,400 on a "mom" sale right now. The seats come off and can be changed around. The forward wheel is stationary and does not pivot so if you want something with a forward turning wheel this is not for you. It seats kids from infants up to 60 lbs, bike-style brake that has a button lock to keep it in the locked position, additional wheelchair style brake, the handle adjusts, seats recline, can remove seats/put them on easily, airless tires so they don't go flat.

http://comfortfirst.com/media/catalo.../_/1_76_60.jpg

I used to have a triple that I was given for free and it was already almost 10 years old, I used it for a while but needed a fourth seat so I bought the quad about 4 years ago and gave the triple to a friend of mine that also does daycare and she still has it and loves it. This stroller will last forever.
LittleExplorers 06:51 AM 03-08-2018
Thanks everyone! Those run abouts look amazing but not in my current budget. I showed them to my husband and we may look into making one in the future. I stumbled upon a great deal for two Thule urban glide double strollers. My husband is going to make something so they can be connected as a quad if needed. I was given my current double which does not have pneumatic wheels, so this will be a huge improvement. I am using grant money so unfortunately used was not an option.
LittleExplorers 06:54 AM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by TheMisplacedMidwestMom:
Looks like the Navigator is the double version of mine. ://www.babytrend.com/joggers/double?p=1
My sister in law had one and it didn't last 2 years. Maybe it was a fluke.
Tags:stroller, stroller - for gravel
Reply Up