Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>0 to 7 in 3 Days
morgan24 07:38 AM 09-06-2011
Thanks to marinavanessa, she sent me a copy of her flyer, it gave me some great ideas, posted it last week around town and now I have 7 kids. They are all part time which I don't mind because I have Wednesday & Fridays off. I would like to get a couple full time to round out the group. It had been over a year since I had any calls, hopefully they will keep coming.
PitterPatter 07:49 AM 09-06-2011
Originally Posted by morgan24:
Thanks to marinavanessa, she sent me a copy of her flyer, it gave me some great ideas, posted it last week around town and now I have 7 kids. They are all part time which I don't mind because I have Wednesday & Fridays off. I would like to get a couple full time to round out the group. It had been over a year since I had any calls, hopefully they will keep coming.
WOW congrats to u! Hope they all work out well!

That must be a magical flyer, tell me the secret so I can make one please?
mickey2 07:52 AM 09-06-2011
Nice!! Good for you!
sharlan 07:55 AM 09-06-2011
That's great!
godiva83 07:57 AM 09-06-2011
Congrats, and thank goodness for this board
I would love to see this 'magical' flyer also
daycare 10:01 AM 09-06-2011
ditto! I would love to see the flyer too!
MarinaVanessa 04:40 PM 10-14-2013
This is an old thread but over the years I've had other providers message me to see the flyer that was talked about in this thread so I thought I would post a link to a scan of one for others that search the threads for advertising ideas.

When I make the flyers I print them on colored paper (the example I had made was quickly printed on white just so I could post it quickly back in 2011) and the pockets are library book pockets. I bought mine at Lakeshore Learning but you can get them at other teacher supply stores too. I used Photoshop to make the fliers but with the most recent Words upgrades and all nifty things you can do now you can easily make a flyer like this with word. The fonts were all downloaded for free.

Sample Flyer
Attached: flyer.jpg (55.4 KB) 
cheerfuldom 04:44 PM 10-14-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
This is an old thread but over the years I've had other providers message me to see the flyer that was talked about in this thread so I thought I would post a link to a scan of one for others that search the threads for advertising ideas.

When I make the flyers I print them on colored paper (the example I had made was quickly printed on white just so I could post it quickly back in 2011) and the pockets are library book pockets. I bought mine at Lakeshore Learning but you can get them at other teacher supply stores too. I used Photoshop to make the fliers but with the most recent Words upgrades and all nifty things you can do now you can easily make a flyer like this with word. The fonts were all downloaded for free.

Sample Flyer
Where are all the places you hang your flyer? I have a heck of time finding anywhere in my town that allows flyers to be hung. There used to be many places but not so much anymore.
MarinaVanessa 04:58 PM 10-14-2013
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
Where are all the places you hang your flyer? I have a heck of time finding anywhere in my town that allows flyers to be hung. There used to be many places but not so much anymore.
I hung some at a gasoline station, a few laundromats (they usually have a bulletin board that anyone can hang advertisements on), I left a few at my local community college because it's pretty close to where I live (I had to submit it and have it approved through the college first but hanging it was free), I left one to hang in the office of two elementary schools nearest me, I asked my pediatrician and dentist office if I could leave one and they both agreed (I have a good relationship with them, I donate books that I buy from thrift stores to both offices but I cheat and add labels inside the books with my contact info. I also ask for 6 grab bags from the dentist twice a year when we do dental hygiene at daycare. The grab bags have dental stuff for the children and the toothbrush has the dentist's name and address on it and he puts a business card in it, it's a trade off). You can check your city ordinances and see if your city will let you post flyers at nearby parks where they have playgrounds.
spinnymarie 08:31 AM 10-15-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I have a good relationship with them, I donate books that I buy from thrift stores to both offices but I cheat and add labels inside the books with my contact info. I also ask for 6 grab bags from the dentist twice a year when we do dental hygiene at daycare. The grab bags have dental stuff for the children and the toothbrush has the dentist's name and address on it and he puts a business card in it, it's a trade off). .
This is an amazingly fabulous idea!
missy 04:58 PM 10-14-2013
Awesome, congrats!!!!
TwinKristi 05:07 PM 10-14-2013
Great idea! Thanks for sharing!!
KidGrind 05:40 PM 10-14-2013
I appreciate you sharing the flyer. I used it as inspiration for my flyer. I am excited about getting it out there!

Starburst 05:01 PM 03-11-2014
Originally Posted by MV:

Sample Flyer
Thanx! I will be opening up soon in a new state, so this is very helpful! Maybe you should do one of those daycare marketing websites, I bet you can make a lot of money giving advice and web seminars!
Tags:advertising ideas, flyers, marketing ideas, positive
Reply Up