Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Late Night Drop In's....
Meeko 06:58 PM 01-17-2014
Never again!

I sometimes do a late night for parents. I decided to do one tonight. Four kids signed up. A brother and sister who are in my daycare now and a brother and sister who used to be with me, but Mom is a SAH mom now. It's her birthday and they are going out to dinner.

I got a call from a couple who are in town visiting from CA. They heard of me through a friend of a friend. As I already had 4 kids, I figured I would take 2 more. I am used to 16 every day, so 6 didn't seem bad at all..right??....

The drop-in's are OUTTA CONTROL!!!!! The boy (5) is Sid from Toy Story....no kidding. His sister (3) is Sid-In-Training..........just another hour........won't be doing this again!!!
daycare 07:51 PM 01-17-2014
Originally Posted by Meeko:
Never again!

I sometimes do a late night for parents. I decided to do one tonight. Four kids signed up. A brother and sister who are in my daycare now and a brother and sister who used to be with me, but Mom is a SAH mom now. It's her birthday and they are going out to dinner.

I got a call from a couple who are in town visiting from CA. They heard of me through a friend of a friend. As I already had 4 kids, I figured I would take 2 more. I am used to 16 every day, so 6 didn't seem bad at all..right??....

The drop-in's are OUTTA CONTROL!!!!! The boy (5) is Sid from Toy Story....no kidding. His sister (3) is Sid-In-Training..........just another hour........won't be doing this again!!!
lmao you made me laugh so hard. I have having a PNO too. but mine are all my regular kids. we are having a great time. I am letting them watch tv which they never get to do here so it's a real treat.

do you charge for this?
cheerfuldom 07:59 PM 01-17-2014
Wow you are brave for even trying this. I do take drop ins but only kids that I already know. I would never take random kids.
Meeko 08:08 PM 01-17-2014
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
Wow you are brave for even trying this. I do take drop ins but only kids that I already know. I would never take random kids.
This is my first and last time!
Meeko 08:16 PM 01-17-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:
lmao you made me laugh so hard. I have having a PNO too. but mine are all my regular kids. we are having a great time. I am letting them watch tv which they never get to do here so it's a real treat.

do you charge for this?
Yes, I charge. We have pizza and movies...basically a slumber party until midnight. They usually fall asleep around 9PM.

Not tonight.....I think the drop-in's were fed a steady diet of No-Doz all day...
daycare 08:24 PM 01-17-2014
Yes, I charge. We have pizza and movies...basically a slumber party until midnight. They usually fall asleep around 9PM.

Not tonight.....I think the drop-in's were fed a steady diet of No-Doz all day...
lmao hahahahhaah yeah mine is only until 1030. I dont charge my families, it's part of m,y program. some parents tip me, some don't. But I enjoy it. its fun to do NOTHING.

I can't imagine what you must be going through right now with kids that all dont know each other.

mine all go down at 9 as well....hang in there.....
Meeko 08:58 PM 01-17-2014
Well...they just left...it's only 10PM and they gave me a $40 tip on top of the fee!!!! Very nice...but I earned it tonight! Phew!
daycare 09:00 PM 01-17-2014
Well...they just left...it's only 10PM and they gave me a $40 tip on top of the fee!!!! Very nice...but I earned it tonight! Phew!
Hahahaha that's so funny. Nice tip. Your going to need a sweet massage for putting up with that

I've got an hour to go still
LaLa1923 09:02 PM 01-17-2014
Never again!

I would like to do this but how much do you charge??
LaLa1923 09:03 PM 01-17-2014
Hahahaha that's so funny. Nice tip. Your going to need a sweet massage for putting up with that

I've got an hour to go still

daycare-what are your business hours??
LaLa1923 09:05 PM 01-17-2014
lmao hahahahhaah yeah mine is only until 1030. I dont charge my families, it's part of m,y program. some parents tip me, some don't. But I enjoy it. its fun to do NOTHING.

I can't imagine what you must be going through right now with kids that all dont know each other.

mine all go down at 9 as well....hang in there.....
How do you offer it as part of your program?? This is interesting..
daycare 09:14 PM 01-17-2014
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:

daycare-what are your business hours??
My daycare hours are 7am to 530p

We have PNO once a month.
Full time is free. PT charge $10
It's mostly free, but I really enjoy it. It's fun to have a PJ party and just not do anything at all

I teach preschool, so we are always on the move.
KidGrind 09:18 AM 01-18-2014
I love doing evening & weekend care. I do only provide services for kids enrolled in my daycare at this time. However, I’ve been receiving a lot of referrals. I was considering enrolling a child for occasional PNO until this thread.

Meeko, thank you for waking up my common sense.
cheerfuldom 10:02 AM 01-18-2014
I have a feeling that tip showed they knew good and well how hard their kids would be LOL
Meeko 04:12 PM 01-19-2014
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
I would like to do this but how much do you charge??
Late night is 6PM to midnight. I charge my flat daily daycare rate. But am only really "working" for 3 hours. They lie down to a movie at 9PM and asleep very quickly. Parents pay for the convenience of it being a Friday night. Most times, all kids are gone by 10-11 ish!
TwinKristi 04:55 PM 01-19-2014
I've been considering a PNO too actually! But I would charge $20 per kid for 5:30-10pm and do pizza and a movie as well. If I could get 5 kids that would be $100 and $10 in pizza!
Reply Up