Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Starting in a Month! Not Sure Where to Start!
chouavang 08:30 PM 08-03-2010
I am thinking about opening my daycare in September. So far I have bought some supplies and almost done with my handbook and policies. What do I do next? I have no one to help me and don't know where to start. Do I get all the materials (toys and equipment) and contracts ready first and then promote my business? Any suggestions on how to start? Anything helps!! Thank You for your time ladies!
TeeSee 05:09 AM 08-04-2010
Start promoting your business now. Get business cards and flyers.
Are you going to get licensed?
DanceMom 07:07 AM 08-04-2010
Definately start promoting and interviewing - do flyers in the neighborhood, advertise on any free websites / flyers in stores etc - it takes awhile to get families to interview and sign up...

Are you licensed ? Did you get your license and do all that is required for that ? While promoting etc start shopping..get all supplies - cots / cribs / toys / dishes / art supplies / bibs - everything you can think of.

All paperwork done - I have A LOT of paperwork I make the families sign - Emergency contacts, health info, baby/child info / contract / sick policy / travel permission / thats all I can think of right now.

Do you have policies set up ? Get those set up, rates, when payment is due, late fees / hours / what you supply what you want them to bring...

Lots to do ! Took me between 6-12 months to set up and fully enroll my daycare.
chouavang 09:27 AM 08-09-2010
Yes, I am licensed in State of MN. I have bought some things but not done yet. I am almost done with my policies, any other suggestions on starting and interviewing? I'm clueless on what to do, this is so much harder than I thought! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU HELP!!
Tags:contracts, handbook, policies, supplies
Reply Up