Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Update: Vacations
Country Kids 06:45 AM 06-20-2011
I'm still toying with what to take with my vacation time. All my parents but one are teachers so this is where it makes it hard because they all get lots of breaks and the one doesn't. So usually when they have breaks I will end up with just one child but sometimes I will end up with the teachers children here and there over breaks. Over spring break I ended up having only one child a day after everyone had given me schedules showing 3-4 children a day. They were all charged per their schedules but I was pretty bummed because I would have just taken the week off.

Right now I'm toying with 2-3 weeks and then various holidays. Just need to figure out which 2-3 weeks I'm wanting to take. One week I may put as sick time because I did have to take a few days this year (haven't been sick in years) but did end up in the ER I couldn't really help it.

Do you put your vacation time/time off in your contract or PH. I've never had a PH, no one did when I started, my how times have changed so I'm never really sure what to put in the PH. How long do you make it because I know of some that have pretty long ones and I want my parents to actually read it not tune it out because its so long.

Thanks for everyones help. This site has helped me so much since I found it!
cheerfuldom 06:57 AM 06-20-2011
I put my vacation time (2 weeks paid) in my contract. I don't put the actual dates but do let parents know that I will let them know in advance of what weeks it will actually be. I also have a few numbers of other local providers that are willing to do backup care. I offer those numbers if the parents need it and they are responsible for working out any backup care. I don't schedule around just one kid (because I do have one that is here EVERY day I am open). I just tell them they need to work it out and thats that.
Meyou 06:57 AM 06-20-2011
I put a list of my PD holidays in my PH and a note that says I'm entitled to up to 3 weeks unpad vacation.

Then I pass out a sheet with my vacation days for the year on it as well as instructions on how to adjust their fees for each week. I add at the bottom of the sheet that I reserve the right to make changes and/or additions to the vacation schedule with 2 weeks notice.
boysx5 07:27 AM 06-20-2011
I put in my contract that I take two weeks vacation and give notice the 1st of the year as to what weeks they will be so they have plenty of time to make arrangements. I also give at least two months notice on personal days unless I can't for sick days which I hardly ever take
Tags:time off, vacation
Reply Up