Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>3 DCK on vaca next week!
DaisyMamma 08:16 AM 07-27-2012
3/4 of my DCK are out next week and the 1 I have is an angel and will be out on Monday, plus its her last week here, so im hoping she will be out even more. I'm looking forward to a long weekend and a quiet week next week!

Jenniferdawn 08:18 AM 07-27-2012
It makes such a difference to be dow to only one! That's how half my week was too, down from four. It's soooo relaxing! Enjoy it! I've spent way more time on here than I usually can.
DaisyMamma 08:24 AM 07-27-2012
LOL I hear you. It gets crazy once you have more than a few. I don't know how some people have 8-10 or more.
I'm a little concerned about the week after that being INSANE, but for now I'm focusing on next week
Blackcat31 08:45 AM 07-27-2012
Originally Posted by DaisyMamma:
LOL I hear you. It gets crazy once you have more than a few. I don't know how some people have 8-10 or more.
I'm a little concerned about the week after that being INSANE, but for now I'm focusing on next week
LOL!! I am laughing at this because I have several teacher families so my summers are low compared to what I normally have for daily attendance......I normally have 10-12 and have only 5-7 in the summer and I am bored stiff!!!!

We play and do fun stuff but curriculum is not part of our day in the summer since it is summer. My kids are so glad to simply have free play all day that no one needs me.....and I get bored.

This is when having a separate house is not cool as I have tons of time on my hands right now but can't get anything done around my house.
CKSher 10:02 AM 07-27-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
LOL!! I am laughing at this because I have several teacher families so my summers are low compared to what I normally have for daily attendance......I normally have 10-12 and have only 5-7 in the summer and I am bored stiff!!!!

We play and do fun stuff but curriculum is not part of our day in the summer since it is summer. My kids are so glad to simply have free play all day that no one needs me.....and I get bored.

This is when having a separate house is not cool as I have tons of time on my hands right now but can't get anything done around my house.
I am the same way. I normally have 12 schoolagers here, but today I only have 8. It seems like a quite day to me, but others would think I am crazy!

The only downside is that while it is a lot less than I normally have, it is still too many to pack up in my van and get away from the house for a while.
Country Kids 10:10 AM 07-27-2012
I go from 10 down to 2 or 3! I still can't get much done though because we are outside so much in the summer.
DaisyMamma 10:32 AM 07-27-2012
For you ladies with large numbers (anything over 6-7 is large to me), are you required to have an assistant at all times? What is your maximum capacity/ratios?
Annalee 10:38 AM 07-27-2012
I am licensed in TN. Once we go over 7, we have to have an assistant. This is the difference in a Family (7) or Group (12) home child care.
DaisyMamma 10:41 AM 07-27-2012
Originally Posted by dapb45:
I am licensed in TN. Once we go over 7, we have to have an assistant. This is the difference in a Family (7) or Group (12) home child care.
It is the same where I am as well. From what I understand, though, you are not allowed to live in the home if you have a Group Home Daycare (in CT). Is that true for TN?
Annalee 10:44 AM 07-27-2012
We are allowed to live in the home for Family or Group. After we reach Group Child Care capacity, we would need to move on to a day care center outside of the home if we chose to keep more children. I have been a group child care provider for over twenty years and I love it....
daycarekay 10:56 AM 07-27-2012
Enjoy your quiet week!

I went in for a working interview today and spent the morning with 7 babies, ages 3 mo- 21 mo. The center had combined classes for the day because the attendance rate is low in the summer. Anyway, it didn't seem too loud for the most part. The crazy thing is that we will have 10 new newborns coming in September! I have a feeling it's going to be a madhouse!
My3cents 11:02 AM 07-27-2012
I get to come on here more when it is an easy day- depends on what we are doing.

You know you take just one child out of the mix for the day and it can make your day dynamics different.

I actually miss my kids over the weekends but not enough to give up that family and me time that recharges me for the week. Happy Friday everyone~
Blackcat31 11:06 AM 07-27-2012
Originally Posted by DaisyMamma:
For you ladies with large numbers (anything over 6-7 is large to me), are you required to have an assistant at all times? What is your maximum capacity/ratios?
I am licensed as group family care. I can have 12 kids without an assistant as long as I have no more than 2 are under age two and 2 of the remaining ten must be Kindergarten age or older.

As soon as I take on more than 2 kids under age two, I am required to have an assistant. However, if I don't have those 2 Kindergarten age kids and only take 10 kids total, then 3 of them can be under age two.

Hope that makes sense. It is always confusing when I read it and I actually have a little stick figure chart that I follow as it is much easier to comprehend. LOL!

My license reads : Two adult caregivers required for 14 children, maximum of 10 under school age, of which no more than 4 shall be infants/toddlers; of which no more than 3 shall be infants.

Minnesota has seven classes of Family Child Care, each with different ratios and requirements. 12 is the maximum amount of kids for one person in any of those classes.
DaisyMamma 11:25 AM 07-27-2012
It's amazing how different it is from state to state!
DaisyMamma 12:32 PM 07-27-2012
The one kid I have next week just left early. Mom informed me that she won't be here Tuesday! 4-day weekend for me! WhooWhoo
Tags:less kids, quiet days, ratios, vacation
Reply Up