Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Just Don't Feel Like It!
CraftyMom 01:35 PM 05-05-2014
I have an interview at 5:30. I really want to fill a spot but I'm getting tired of interviews! I have done quite a few in the last few weeks.

I filled my September opening but aside from that I'm just not feeling it with anyone and I'm getting tired of the whole process ugh
TwinKristi 01:49 PM 05-05-2014
I have an interview at 5:30 today too. I would really like to replace the DCG I have here now so I have to at least try! I hate the interview process. Makes me so anxious and grumpy!
CraftyMom 02:33 PM 05-05-2014
Yes anxious and grumpy and trying to keep the house looking decent with my kids and my husband around isn't easy!
sarah33 03:18 PM 05-05-2014
I feel your pain! Either I get a weird vibe from the parents (we ALWAYS sleep with our baby!) or their hours just aren't what I'm looking for with my own family. There is a lot of interest, but trying to weed them out to get the right kid/parent combo is frustrating!
CraftyMom 03:45 PM 05-05-2014
Originally Posted by sarah33:
I feel your pain! Either I get a weird vibe from the parents (we ALWAYS sleep with our baby!) or their hours just aren't what I'm looking for with my own family. There is a lot of interest, but trying to weed them out to get the right kid/parent combo is frustrating!
That's exactly it, I'm trying to get a good fit and a good feel from the kids AND the parents since the majority of my issues are parent related.

I have a good group right now and I don't want to mess it up with a bad fit (if I can help it, sometimes it all looks good until they start)
TaylorTots 04:11 PM 05-05-2014
I rarely do interviews during the week for this reason. Sunday afternoon/evening only.

My house is put back together, I had a day of rest and don't look scary from a day of taking care of kiddos.... I think the only interviews I have done during the week since I opened were for back up care - as they needed it before the following weekend and my back up rate makes it worth it for me to run around crazy cleaning/cooking dinner/showering all in the tiny time between the final DCK leaving and the interviewee arriving.
cheerfuldom 04:24 PM 05-05-2014
that is exactly how i felt last week but i did that interview and they took the spot! yay! all my spots are filled now
CraftyMom 07:14 PM 05-05-2014
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
that is exactly how i felt last week but i did that interview and they took the spot! yay! all my spots are filled now
I wish I could say the same...they were a no show grrrrrrr!!

I'll have to start doing what someone else suggested with having them call or text the day of to be sure they're still interested. This is the second time this has happened in the last few months, not happy!

I sent her a text but no response, I waited 15 minutes then started supper.

Weird because this was a referral from a client and she was so enthusiastic on the phone and heard great things about my program

Oh well I guess I dodged another bullet!
TwinKristi 08:04 PM 05-05-2014
Oh how rude! That's happened to me like twice I think? Ugh! I was not a happy camper.
Mine showed up, but it was a quick interview, didn't ask many questions and I was kinda distracted by a mom picking up, my DS wanting chalk, etc. We'll see!!
nothingwithoutjoy 08:13 PM 05-05-2014
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
...they were a no show grrrrrrr!!
That's the worst. I hate getting all prepped for someone and then they don't show! But you're right, you dodged a bullet. Maybe your not-feeling-like-it was your sense it wasn't right.
CraftyMom 05:44 AM 05-06-2014
Originally Posted by TwinKristi:
Oh how rude! That's happened to me like twice I think? Ugh! I was not a happy camper.
Mine showed up, but it was a quick interview, didn't ask many questions and I was kinda distracted by a mom picking up, my DS wanting chalk, etc. We'll see!!
Glad yours at least showed up
Hopefully they fill your spot

Originally Posted by nothingwithoutjoy:
That's the worst. I hate getting all prepped for someone and then they don't show! But you're right, you dodged a bullet. Maybe your not-feeling-like-it was your sense it wasn't right.
Very true!
Tags:interview, no show
Reply Up