Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>And He Was So Cute During The Interview . . .
spedmommy4 08:37 PM 05-07-2015
I met with this mom and her little boy early last week. The interview went well. Her little one played independently, asked nicely for toys, and he's pretty adorable.

His first day was Monday and oh my goodness am I glad tomorrow is new dcb off day. The highlights of my new friends week were: hitting, shredding a roll of toilet paper in the bathroom, tossing playdough in the toilet, yelling "teacher" with a long e sound for 20 minutes at naptime, and crying just about every time a request wasn't granted.

Now, I am very good with challenging behaviors but he gave me a run for my money. Parents seem receptive to implementing strategies at home so I am hoping we can curb the big ones quick otherwise it's going to be a long May.
Josiegirl 02:15 AM 05-08-2015
Oh my. Funny how they can change and test when they start coming by themselves.
daycare 05:58 PM 05-08-2015
given that this was his first day, I would just chalk it up to a lot of fear and testing the new boundaries/expectations.

With having today off, i would expect for him to retest again his next day back. I would keep a log of his behavior over the next two weeks and make sure you are seeing some progress during this time.

If you don't see any progress, give notice.

Do you have a trial period? I have two week trial period and during that time the parent or I can term for any reason without notice refund of services not used will be refunded.

After two weeks and the trial has passed. it's a full 30day notice in advance to term...However, I can term at anytime due to aggressive behavior from child/family or due to lack of payment, breaking illness policy. other than that, i also have to give them 30 day notice...
spedmommy4 07:24 PM 05-08-2015
I have a two week trial period but I don't typically term for behavior as long as the parents are clearly on board with working on it.That said, these were pretty over the top for a three year old.

I fully expect testing the first few weeks. This one; however, takes the cake. On his second day he took off his pants during outdoor time and refused to put them back on. If, between the parents and I, we can't get a handle on the biggies (like keeping his clothes on) I may have to term. :-(
Tags:interview
Reply Up