Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Biters
Leigh 11:32 AM 06-19-2018
I do NOT sell these, nor have any affiliation to the company, so I hope this is OK to post here.

I have a 13 month old biter who has been out of control. Parents took away his pacifier, and ever since, he has been a little Jaws, stalking everyone to try to get his bite on.

I ordered one of these clip-ons, and he has not bitten anyone since (nor even tried). I clip it on his collar, and see him picking it up to chew MANY times a day.

Here's a link in case anyone else is interested. I'm going to order several more to have on hand for future kids. This thing has already saved me SO MUCH frustration!

http://www.biterbeads.com/apps/webstore/
Pestle 11:43 AM 06-19-2018
Those look neat. How quickly do the kids manage to gnaw them to pieces? I had a silicone toothbrush but my bitey bud destroyed it. I'd worry about the beads getting bitten through over time.
Cat Herder 12:26 PM 06-19-2018
I use the sensory necklaces with DCK's from time to time. The superhero and dinobite ones are a hit with the 3 and ups.
Leigh 12:34 PM 06-19-2018
Originally Posted by Pestle:
Those look neat. How quickly do the kids manage to gnaw them to pieces? I had a silicone toothbrush but my bitey bud destroyed it. I'd worry about the beads getting bitten through over time.
They seem pretty sturdy to me. No bite marks on it yet. I've tried the silicone toothbrushes, too, but he throws them on the floor. I love that this is attached to him. I'd gladly replace it weekly, though, if I had to, until this biting phase stops. If it were a 4 year old, I'd use the ARK products (which I also tried with this one, but again, he would just toss it on the floor, and try to bite when it wasn't handy). Luckily, with this kid, most bite attempts came with warning-he would curl his lips back and bare his teeth as he approached his victim! He has only made contact 3 times so far, but this has stopped that, and I SO hope that it keeps working for him!
storybookending 12:49 PM 06-19-2018
My niece that doesn’t attend daycare here has one of the pacifier clip ones. I never thought to use it with an older kid. My soon to be 2 year old was going through a biting thing maybe a month ago. I just kept him next to me or separated until I could slowly build up trust back in him. He hasn’t had any attempts as of late but I still haven’t removed his special pack n play from my living room. I ended up just giving him a teether toy that it kind of like a lovie with the hands that are a harder plastic and the ring on tops it’s head is silicone. The kids called it his “bitey toy”.
Tags:chew toys, chewelry, chewing, sensory exploration, sensory overload
Reply Up