Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>At Interview Time
countrymom 09:56 AM 06-01-2011
do you ask parents what they do for a living.
Live and Learn 10:00 AM 06-01-2011
Absolutely.
texascare 10:01 AM 06-01-2011
Absolutley! I also ask them how long they have been at their job. They are interviewing me as much as I am interviewing them. I want to make sure that they can afford daycare and that they are stable.
lil angels 10:02 AM 06-01-2011
Yep you need to know what they are doing there don't you. And what type of hrs they will need.
nannyde 10:09 AM 06-01-2011
Oh yes

I really like to get to know the parents before they come here.
wdmmom 10:17 AM 06-01-2011
Most definitely!

I ask what they do, how long they've worked there, etc.

I like to know ahead of time if they work for a temp agency and could be without a job in a short period of time or if they are professionals and have worked there for years.

I also go into great detail about their child's schedule/routine, previous providers, their expectations of the provider, etc.
MG&Lsmom 10:23 AM 06-01-2011
Yes. And this last interview I had I found out that mom works with 2 of my friends, one of which is the first reference I give out.
Cat Herder 11:00 AM 06-01-2011
Absolutely.

I want to know that they have been at their job for a while.

I want to know their schedule is consistent.

I want to know they are not going to be unreachable.

I want to know their pay and medical insurance is stable.

I want to know how long it will take them to get here in an emergency.
Abigail 08:01 PM 06-01-2011
I just wanted to add to the op question and ask if you have an "interview questions" list what is on it? I never thought of the last response on how long to get to the daycare in case of emergency. I know at our current daycare one parent works an hour away from our daycare since she lives here, but works there. LOL. I don't blame her for not wanting to spend two hours a day in the car with a toddler.
Tags:interview, interview - questions
Reply Up