Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Snowday in Michigan
lovemykidstoo 06:02 AM 02-25-2016
So we got quite a bit of snow yesterday. I think we got about 10 inches. One family told me yesterday that their company was closed so they wouldn't be here today. The other family texted me this morning that they weren't coming. I texted the 3rd family that has 2 boys and she "hasn't decided" yet. it's 9:00 now. They're usually here at 8:00. They figure they're paying me anyway that I should sit here waiting on them. She didn't say that, but that's what I feel. I coudl have stayed in bed.
lovemykidstoo 06:07 AM 02-25-2016
My pretty snowy backyard. Very pretty, but the snow can leave now lol
Attached: snowday.jpg (114.1 KB) 606_10208908161281763_7293175394898137481_n (1).jpg (79.4 KB) 
Blackcat31 06:45 AM 02-25-2016
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
So we got quite a bit of snow yesterday. I think we got about 10 inches. One family told me yesterday that their company was closed so they wouldn't be here today. The other family texted me this morning that they weren't coming. I texted the 3rd family that has 2 boys and she "hasn't decided" yet. it's 9:00 now. They're usually here at 8:00. They figure they're paying me anyway that I should sit here waiting on them. She didn't say that, but that's what I feel. I coudl have stayed in bed.
I would have told them you decided FOR them and that you are closed.

Winter happens.

They live there too....it shouldnt be that hard for them to figure it out/understand.

Beautiful pictures! It looks like that here to but I love it so I 'm okay with it staying around for a while.
lovemykidstoo 06:47 AM 02-25-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I would have told them you decided FOR them and that you are closed.

Winter happens.

They live there too....it shouldnt be that hard for them to figure it out/understand.

Beautiful pictures! It looks like that here to but I love it so I 'm okay with it staying around for a while.
That might be what she's waiting for is for me to say I'm closed. If I close for any reason they don't pay. If they don't come for any reason, they pay. This is one that has such a hard time when she drops her babies off that she doesn't have enough time with them. ugh
Blackcat31 06:52 AM 02-25-2016
That might be what she's waiting for is for me to say I'm closed. If I close for any reason they don't pay. If they don't come for any reason, they pay. This is one that has such a hard time when she drops her babies off that she doesn't have enough time with them. ugh
Oh, ok....that explains why they are dragging their feet then.

Next I would tell them they still need to be there within 30 minutes of their scheduled drop off time or you will mark them absent. Not now, of course since that time frame is long gone now but for future reference.

It helps parents decide faster and not stall your day.
lovemykidstoo 06:58 AM 02-25-2016
Oh, ok....that explains why they are dragging their feet then.

Next I would tell them they still need to be there within 30 minutes of their scheduled drop off time or you will mark them absent. Not now, of course since that time frame is long gone now but for future reference.

It helps parents decide faster and not stall your day.
You're right. I knew I set myself up for that with them, but I think only 1 other time I had a day where noone came due to snow. Usually someone has to still work. If they're not here soon, I'm going to just text that I am assuming they're not coming and see ya next week. Some people are just rude
lovemykidstoo 07:30 AM 02-25-2016
Just got a text that they weren't coming. I haven't responded yet.
Thriftylady 07:32 AM 02-25-2016
You're right. I knew I set myself up for that with them, but I think only 1 other time I had a day where noone came due to snow. Usually someone has to still work. If they're not here soon, I'm going to just text that I am assuming they're not coming and see ya next week. Some people are just rude
Yeah I have in my handbook if I haven't heard from you what your plans are within an hour of scheduled arrival I will mark the absence for this reason. I say if she isn't there by lunch, go do what you please!
Thriftylady 07:32 AM 02-25-2016
Well that fixes that! Have an awesome day!
Blackcat31 07:36 AM 02-25-2016
Well, it's awesome you get a paid snow day but still...

how rude.
lovemykidstoo 07:51 AM 02-25-2016
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Well that fixes that! Have an awesome day!
Thanks!
lovemykidstoo 07:53 AM 02-25-2016
Well, it's awesome you get a paid snow day but still...

how rude.
I think it's rude too. The one mom told me yesterday at pickup. The other mom today by a little after 8:00. I could have slept in. Instead I got up and shoveled the whole driveway before 8:00. Oh well. NO kids and getting paid $175.00 I guess I can't complain. I guess I just don't like the feeling of oh well, we're paying her anyway, she can wait to see if we're coming or not.
Thriftylady 08:14 AM 02-25-2016
I think it's rude too. The one mom told me yesterday at pickup. The other mom today by a little after 8:00. I could have slept in. Instead I got up and shoveled the whole driveway before 8:00. Oh well. NO kids and getting paid $175.00 I guess I can't complain. I guess I just don't like the feeling of oh well, we're paying her anyway, she can wait to see if we're coming or not.
Yeah that is why I put a blurb in my handbook about it. When I did daycare the first time, I didn't even have a handbook and I would have people showing up at noon or 1 PM.
lovemykidstoo 05:58 AM 02-26-2016
She texted me about 1:00 yesterday and wanted to know if the boys could come today instead of yesterday. I was taking a nap, so I texted her later. I said, sorry I didn't get your message, I was taking a nap. Got up very early to shovel the driveway thinking you were coming. Very tired now.
Tags:michigan members, snow day
Reply Up