Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Joining the Community
Bob 05:21 PM 10-12-2011
Hello all!

I just stumbled on this website today.

My name is Bob and I am an administrator of a childcare/preschool in Irvine, California. We have been open for a year and have grown to over 70 children in that time. As I meet and talk with the parents, I have come to the conclusion that many parents struggle with the whole issue of preschool and childcare. That is to say, there are so many factors for them to consider in making their decision that they can get confused.

Anyway, that's what brings me here. I want to broaden my knowledge as well as contribute what I have learned in the last few years. I look forward to being a part of the community.
Michael 07:05 PM 10-12-2011
Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum Bob! I've upgraded your status. You can post freely now.

I also have a place in Laguna Beach and our Daycare.com servers are in Irvine also.
Bob 10:09 PM 10-12-2011
Thanks.

Based on what I see in the corner LB is one of the many places you are from! Yes, Irvine is home to many servers...

I look forward to getting to know you and the rest of the folks here. Cheers.
Heidi 07:21 AM 10-13-2011
Welcome, Bob!
Cat Herder 07:32 AM 10-13-2011
Welcome, Bob.

I look forward to hearing what you have learned.

I am one of the Old School "Babysitters" who kept kids at home to be able to afford to stay home with my own.

I do have Extensive Emergency Medical Training and use that as my niche to better serve my special needs clients. I provided a much needed service in the community and the community kept me in a job (17 years so far). It was win-win for all of us.

I recently have been run over by the "Forced ECE" Train and am trying to dust myself off, learn, adapt, AND keep clients who expect to pay no more per week. My limit is 6 kids.

My clients don't care about "Early Learning" enough to pay for it. They want care....with as few strings and inconvenience for themselves as possible. The State expects me to offer what the centers do and do it YESTERDAY. It has been a real struggle.
Tags:california, new member
Reply Up