Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>My Daughter Is Going Elsewhere For Prek
Dilley Beans 10:18 AM 02-15-2017
My daughter needs to go elsewhere for preschool even though I teach play based preschool. We believe she needs someone other than her mother next year for school, it is play based too, for preparing for all day Kindergarten.

Am I able to deduct this expense, if so, is it 100% or T/S?

Also, for K-8 we plan to send our children to private school, is that deductible at a rate too? I don't know what qualifies and can't find anything on that.

Thanks!
daycarediva 11:00 AM 02-15-2017
We sent our son to preschool elsewhere despite me running a preschool program. We deducted it under childcare expense.
TomCopeland 01:45 PM 02-15-2017
Originally Posted by Dilley Beans:
My daughter needs to go elsewhere for preschool even though I teach play based preschool. We believe she needs someone other than her mother next year for school, it is play based too, for preparing for all day Kindergarten.

Am I able to deduct this expense, if so, is it 100% or T/S?

Also, for K-8 we plan to send our children to private school, is that deductible at a rate too? I don't know what qualifies and can't find anything on that.

Thanks!
You can claim the child care tax credit when you send your own child to a preschool program (up to Kindergarten). Fill out Form 2441. This is not a business expense, but is a personal tax credit. Claim 100% of the cost towards the calculation of the credit.

Tuition for a private school above Kindergarten is not deductible.
Tags:form 2441, provider children - in other daycare, tax credit
Reply Up